• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Article - Only Open Carrier's Rights Matter (Apparently)

Michigander

You're sure setting the standard for your work pretty low when you associate us with the NRA. And the article certainly sucked.

You cannot reason with someone who runs on hatred, fear, and wanting armed thugs paid by tax dollars to oppress people, going so far as to declare these things to be the definition of freedom for all. This kind of person is a sniveling, scared little servant to big brother because it makes them feel like their life is stable and has a purpose. That she would so ignorantly slander OCers tells us all we need to know about her as a journalist.

Fortunately, most people aren't that mentally unstable, and reaching out to those on the fence is all that is needed to keep people like Heather Parton from having any political reach.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Most of those types really live delusional lives. What they fail to understand - (gov statistics) is: for every 1,000 citizens in the USA, there are less than 2 (1.7) members of LEA's including all the alphabet soup agencies. This means on a perfect day/shift if something goes wrong and you happen to be the 50th caller to 911 in your city- the chances of you getting help quickly are drastically reduced. Let alone in a SHTF situation the police will simply be overwhelmed. See LA riots, Hurricanes Katrina, or Sandy for just how much you can really count on Big Bro! :(

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I was going to read the comments but... just couldn't do it today. Maybe later. I'd just end up getting pissed off.

Nah, it's pretty funny really.

It's a prefect demonstration of why, exactly, the anti-gun movement fails so hard in the face of real opposition (which they did not experience in the past) despite the support of a political party and several multimillionaires.

These folks are simply constitutionally incapable of making a genuine argument. I was called a "racist" for remarks which explicitly described racist thought as "irrational". Because, when you can't fathom a meaningful rebuttal, name-calling serves to demonize your opponent, and "racist" is a tried-and-true epithet.

The problem is, that argument only works on their echo chamber. To another "progressive" illiberal statist, calling someone a "racist" is as good as a coup de grace.

Back in the real world, people of every color and cultural background embrace the RKBA. Calling someone a racist for being pro-gun doesn't impress a gun-owning American who happens to be black any more than it impresses one who happens to be white.

Unfortunately for them, as time goes on their view of gun rights as being favorited and enjoyed only by whites (especially racist ones) has increasingly little connection with reality.

Last edited:

Evil Creamsicle

Nah, it's pretty funny really.

It's a prefect demonstration of why, exactly, the anti-gun movement fails so hard in the face of real opposition (which they did not experience in the past) despite the support of a political party and several multimillionaires.

These folks are simply constitutionally incapable of making a genuine argument. I was called a "racist" for remarks which explicitly described racist thought as "irrational". Because, when you can't fathom a meaningful rebuttal, name-calling serves to demonize your opponent, and "racist" is a tried-and-true epithet.

The problem is, that argument only works on their echo chamber. To another "progressive" illiberal statist, calling someone a "racist" is as good as a coup de grace.

Back in the real world, people of every color and cultural background embrace the RKBA. Calling someone a racist for being pro-gun doesn't impress a gun-owning American who happens to be black any more than it impresses one who happens to be white.

Unfortunately for them, as time goes on their view of gun rights as being favorited and enjoyed only by whites (especially racist ones) has increasingly little connection with reality.

Its a little funny considering that many gun control measures, including carry licensing, background checks, and registration, were influenced by racism. The complete opposite of their argument.

Haman J.T.

Its a little funny considering that many gun control measures, including carry licensing, background checks, and registration, were influenced by racism. The complete opposite of their argument.
Any "Violation" of OUR Rights (race not included in OUR Constitution) IS "UnAmerican" and should be Fought With Our Lives, as has been done ALWAYS,Per Memorial Day Etc.!! CARRY ON!!

FTG-05

Some folks think that only the police should have guns .. they have been indoctrinated well.

Who defends your RKBA - you do.

There are some folks here on this forum and on other gun forums that think only police should open carry - they have been indoctrinated well. :banghead:

It's clear they do not understand the RKBA. Fortunately, like the Fudds before them, OC Fudds will become extinct -either by seeing the light or just becoming extinct. I couldn't care less which.

budlight

You're sure setting the standard for your work pretty low when you associate us with the NRA. And the article certainly sucked.

You cannot reason with someone who runs on hatred, fear, and wanting armed thugs paid by tax dollars to oppress people, going so far as to declare these things to be the definition of freedom for all. This kind of person is a sniveling, scared little servant to big brother because it makes them feel like their life is stable and has a purpose. That she would so ignorantly slander OCers tells us all we need to know about her as a journalist.

Fortunately, most people aren't that mentally unstable, and reaching out to those on the fence is all that is needed to keep people like Heather Parton from having any political reach.

I'm just curious, what did the NRA do that was so bad?

WalkingWolf

NRA for the people who doubted NRA motives the cat is out of the bag. NRA is anti open carry, anti constitutional carry, and PRO make fools of the members and get their money. They have done a very good job of fooling and lying to the gun community. Hope that the community finally takes notice.

budlight

NRA for the people who doubted NRA motives the cat is out of the bag. NRA is anti open carry, anti constitutional carry, and PRO make fools of the members and get their money. They have done a very good job of fooling and lying to the gun community. Hope that the community finally takes notice.

While not perfect, are you saying they didn't have a hand and sponsor District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570? Just curious, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

WalkingWolf

While not perfect, are you saying they didn't have a hand and sponsor District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570? Just curious, everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Actually if I remember correctly no they did not. They early in the case refused to get involved from what I understand. Not positive but I believe it was GOA that was behind that decision from the beginning. Scratch that, seems it was SAF, NRA later came on board, only after the suit was already filed. They like to take credit for it, though 2A rights were not restored in the decision, DC does not have the right to bear arms, only keep them.

Maybe somebody with a better memory can chime in...

Last edited:

Scooter123

This is after all Salon Magazine, a less than honest and less than reputable "media" outlet. About the ONLY aspect of that article that I found the least bit surprising was that the author was permitted to blatantly LIE. That bit about an Open Carrier waving his gun around and yelling look at my gun was a bald faced LIE. Because that particular act fits the definition of Brandishing to near perfection and I am quite certain that the responding police would have made an arrest if the carrier was in fact doing that. The fact they didn't do anything tells me that the person carrying in that park had his gun in his holster and he was most likely doing nothing but watching the baseball game.

Basically, when it's Salon Magazine if it's a "slow news day" they just make something up. What saddens me is that it seems that more than 3 or 4 people believe the fiction they see in this "magazine". Rather sad that people can really be this dumb.

OneForAll

This is after all Salon Magazine, a less than honest and less than reputable "media" outlet. About the ONLY aspect of that article that I found the least bit surprising was that the author was permitted to blatantly LIE. That bit about an Open Carrier waving his gun around and yelling look at my gun was a bald faced LIE. Because that particular act fits the definition of Brandishing to near perfection and I am quite certain that the responding police would have made an arrest if the carrier was in fact doing that. The fact they didn't do anything tells me that the person carrying in that park had his gun in his holster and he was most likely doing nothing but watching the baseball game.

Basically, when it's Salon Magazine if it's a "slow news day" they just make something up. What saddens me is that it seems that more than 3 or 4 people believe the fiction they see in this "magazine". Rather sad that people can really be this dumb.

+1

22Luke36

What they fail to understand - (gov statistics) is: for every 1,000 citizens in the USA, there are less than 2 (1.7) members of LEA's including all the alphabet soup agencies. :(

So, the loss of our rights would be, our fault due to our own ineptitude and inaction. The responsibility to restore freedom is ours alone. What are we waiting for?

Haman J.T.

If they play any part they're on Our side! They helped with My Federal "Open Carry Suit", which made the WPD pay Me and forced them to "Retrain" their Officers in "Open Carry Law and Contact Policy". So I would say the NRA IS Pro-OC/Pro 2A! No Group is Perfect! CARRY ON!

Last edited: