Thread: Open Cary Age for handguns

Open Cary Age for handguns

I know you can purchase a handgun at age 18 through a private sale with a pistol purchase permit but do you have to wait until you are 21 to open carry it?
    Last edited by j.clay507; 05-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.

You can open carry at age 18 and above as long as you follow the rules(laws).
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You can open carry at age 18 and above as long as you follow the rules(laws).
    Im am 20 and a new owner of a handgun and want to make sure i abide by the law. So it is ok to open carry before 21 as long as you are 18+
    Last edited by j.clay507; 05-09-2014 at 11:56 PM.

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your owning a firearm...

now it gets tricky...as WW stated know the laws and to assist in that and for your reading pleasure something from the AG on the firearm laws..

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

as is my custom, i also advocate individuals take an unbiased firearm course, from the NRA, like their basic pistol course...it is money well spent.

hopefully our paths will cross and you will enjoy the experiences of OC'g in the tarheel state.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-09-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    welcome to the forum and congratulations on your owning a firearm...

now it gets tricky...as WW stated know the laws and to assist in that and for your reading pleasure something from the AG on the firearm laws..

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

as is my custom, i also advocate individuals take an unbiased firearm course, from the NRA, like their basic pistol course...it is money well spent.

hopefully our paths will cross and you will enjoy the experiences of OC'g in the tarheel state.

ipse
    Thank you so much. I thought you had to be 21. I am glad i know my rights now sow i can exercise my right