• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Cary Age for handguns

j.clay507

I know you can purchase a handgun at age 18 through a private sale with a pistol purchase permit but do you have to wait until you are 21 to open carry it?

Last edited:

solus

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your owning a firearm...

now it gets tricky...as WW stated know the laws and to assist in that and for your reading pleasure something from the AG on the firearm laws..

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

as is my custom, i also advocate individuals take an unbiased firearm course, from the NRA, like their basic pistol course...it is money well spent.

hopefully our paths will cross and you will enjoy the experiences of OC'g in the tarheel state.

ipse

Last edited:

j.clay507

welcome to the forum and congratulations on your owning a firearm...

now it gets tricky...as WW stated know the laws and to assist in that and for your reading pleasure something from the AG on the firearm laws..

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/2007-NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

as is my custom, i also advocate individuals take an unbiased firearm course, from the NRA, like their basic pistol course...it is money well spent.

hopefully our paths will cross and you will enjoy the experiences of OC'g in the tarheel state.

ipse

Thank you so much. I thought you had to be 21. I am glad i know my rights now sow i can exercise my right :)