• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Linwood Cobb Ousted - 7th District

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
OK Fred....so which of Skidmark's locations are you having the Roundup at? :uhoh:

For the new folks - I compiled a list of sites within the 7th Congressional District where the Republican Roundup fundraiser could be held that had no restrictions on the carrying (OC or CC) of handguns. The list was specifically limited to locations where the 7th District Congressional Committee could get an event ABC license.

I posted them a long time ago. I also sent them (several times!) to VCDL. I am not sure that I saved a copy for myself. If someone will look them up and send me back a copy of the list I will be happy to vett all the locations to make sure they are all still 2A/ABC OK.

stay safe.

Repeater

Breitbart has the speech

From the article Fred linked to:

Does anybody know if there is video of Cantors speech available?

See here:

Watch: Eric Cantor Booed By Tea Party Activists
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor faced a raucous crowd Saturday, including loud boos and heckles from Tea Party activists presumably supporting his long-shot primary opponent, professor Dave Brat.

Former Virginia U.S. Senate candidate Jamie Radtke, who lost the 2012 Republican primary to George Allen, attended the event and said it was "visibly evident" that when Cantor took the stage immediately after Brat he was "seething mad."

"When I sit here and I listen to Mr. Brat speak, I hear the inaccuracies," Cantor began, as many in the crowd started booing.

"My family is here..." Cantor started again, as the booing increased in volume and energy.

"Listen," Cantor lectured the crowd, "we are a country about free speech, so decency is also a part of this," Cantor said to a chorus of more booing, mixed with cheers from some of his supporters.

"I hear the inaccuracies," Cantor continued, "my wife and two of my kids are here, my mother and mother-in-law are here, they here the falsehoods, but of course I am tempted to fight fire with fire, but instead let me just leave you with some thoughts."

He then proceeded to attack Brat.

"He then proceeded to attack Brat." ... with inaccuracies.

Perhaps Eric should heed the 10 Commandments ... "Thou Shall NOT Bear False Witness."

va_tazdad

See here:

Watch: Eric Cantor Booed By Tea Party Activists

"He then proceeded to attack Brat." ... with inaccuracies.

Perhaps Eric should heed the 10 Commandments ... "Thou Shall NOT Bear False Witness."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ROTFLMAQ

You do remember Cantor is a politician right?

If he "isn't kissing babies he is stealing their candy", and if a politician's lips are moving you can bet he is lying.

Last edited:

Repeater

Thanks for the catch - fixed it.

Eric sounds very rattled - guess he is not used to hearing the voice of the people so clearly.

You want "rattled" Grape? This is for you! Enjoy, courtesy Floyd Bayne:

Laura Ingraham gets tough with Eric Cantor

[video=youtube;BNwdDulKZbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNwdDulKZbU[/video]

Wait for: "But, Laura ... [size=+1]Laura[/size] ... [size=+2]Laura!![/size]

Repeater

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ROTFLMAQ

You do remember Cantor is a politician right?

If he "isn't kissing babies he is stealing their candy", and if a politician's lips are moving you can bet he is lying.

Say, do you suppose the 'Establishment' have learned their lesson? Well, if the WaPo is any indication, not much:

Eric Cantor’s tea party opponent in Va. primary may be picking up momentum
This week, Cantor’s opponent in the June 10 primary — a tea party activist named David Brat — is gaining national attention as a potential threat to Cantor’s hold on his solidly Republican, suburban Richmond district. Brat has won support from some big-name conservatives and has tapped into discontent across Virginia’s 7th Congressional District. On Wednesday, Brat planned to travel to Washington to meet with leading conservative agitators, a sign that his effort is starting to be taken seriously at the national level.

The intraparty drama is the latest reflection of the deepening chasm in the Republican Party across Virginia and the nation. And it is all the more remarkable because it is happening to a man widely seen as the likely next speaker of the House.

Most Republicans continue to believe Cantor is safe; ...

Cantor’s people deny that Brat is a threat, and they note that the majority leader has advertised on TV in every election since his first, in 2000.

“There were 600 people there to raise Cain,” Cantor strategist Ray Allen said of Saturday’s convention. “We had 48,000 voters in the primary two years ago. It’s just a very quantum-leap different thing. They’re a small group, and they were very loud.

Say, how about applying the 'Grapeshot Doctrine' (of common sense) and critique Allen's glib response -- what say you, Grape?

Blk97F150

Listening to Can'tor talk to Laura... it felt like I was listening to Obama. :eek:

Edit: Thanks for posting both videos Repeater... much appreciated!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If Eric and the establishment are not worried about the challenger Brat, then why are the frantically spending so much money to cast him in a bad light? Hmmmm?

Brat brings a clean record and a determination to make things better. Eric brings his track record and bag of tricks.....Brat thanks you Eric for making those points for him :lol:

There is a movement to "throw the bums out" - do a thorough housecleaning. Will Virginia be part of that? Certainly seems to be distinct possibility.

davidmcbeth

Banned
OK Fred....so which of Skidmark's locations are you having the Roundup at? :uhoh:

cobb-19.jpg

cobb6.jpg

Look at those prices $2.40ish for gas and $3.19 for a pack of smokes? When was this pic taken?

Over $4.00 for gas and $9.00 for a pk around me !

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Look at those prices $2.40ish for gas.......--snipped-- When was this pic taken?

Searching data for gasoline prices in Virginia indicates that $2.40 range was the prevailing price/gal in 2011.
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

That coincides with my recollection of when VCDL first "let the dogs loose" on Eric Cantor at Innsbrook re banning legal armed people from the annual rally held there. We have extensive files/photographs of local LEA providing standby security to prevent trespass in spite of there being no incidents of such tresspass and no notice given anyone that they would be trespassed if they did not leave. Note that no participants were actually on Innsbrook Pavillion property, but on public streets and sidewalks. IMO - Henrico PD was acting as the agent of Innsbrook though no officers were employed in that capacity - they were all on the public clock.

Eric Cantor insulted gun owners then and continues to do so today - that [strike]young lion[/strike] leopard has not changed his spots.

It has taken this long to bear fruit - when all else failed, getting inside the local committees was seen as the most viable means to change things......fast forward to 2014 = results are starting to be seen from within :) Linwood Cobb's departure as the local and arguably most influential person involved in Cantor's support should foretell of better things to come.

Last edited:

Repeater

If Eric and the establishment are not worried about the challenger Brat, then why are the frantically spending so much money to cast him in a bad light? Hmmmm?

Brat brings a clean record and a determination to make things better. Eric brings his track record and bag of tricks.....Brat thanks you Eric for making those points for him :lol:

There is a movement to "throw the bums out" - do a thorough housecleaning. Will Virginia be part of that? Certainly seems to be distinct possibility.

With Ray Allen, power seems more important than common sense.

Repeater

Grape, I've already replied to your analysis -- which is good reading -- but this important breaking news trumps what I wrote earlier: Ray Allen has reacted angrily to Saturday's rout, so he wants to "destroy" the RPV and install his own hand-picked robots!

(EXCLUSIVE) Eric Cantor’s Top Aide: I’ll ‘Bankrupt’ Virginia GOP, Install Allies, Rebuild It With Cantor’s Donor Cash

Comment on the above here:

Cantor Consultant Threatens to Break Republican Party of Virginia?
Essentially this confirms what we have known all along about Ray Allen’s activities this convention season: Cantor and his allies intend to sweep aside the grassroots majority on the party’s governing body, the State Central Committee, and install in its place a more pliant group friendlier to Cantor, and to Ray Allen’s financial interest in having GOP nominations decided by state-run open primaries. It also aligns with reports we have been hearing about threats and strong-arm tactics involving Ray Allen himself in communicating to ostensible allies (including sitting legislators) in the 5th Congressional District about how they are expected to handle formal appeals from those shut out of party processes.

What is new about this report is the edge of desperation it reveals, which is undoubtedly intensified after last weekend’s surprise ouster of the longtime chairman of Cantor’s own 7th District Republican Committee, Linwood Cobb.

The tactic of slating is divisive and destructive, as it leaves the injured victims embittered, and permanently wounds the local party where it happened. Taken to the highest level, these practices damage party unity like nothing else can.

No common sense at all! :(

Repeater

Anyone have first-hand experience with Ray Allen?

Sara for America has this about Allen:

Proof that Eric Cantor Truly Doesn’t Want to Unite the Base: Consultant Ray Allen
Mr. Allen has no interest, nada, zilch, none in even giving the slightest appearance of trying to unite the party. The guy oozes disdain for the conservative wing, and he makes no effort to conceal it.

One delegate to the convention, Baird Stokes, told many friends (and me) on Facebook of a recent incident between him and Allen. Stokes confirmed to me again, this afternoon, that Allen threatened to remove him from the convention, and used the F-word several times. Stokes asked me to post the quote here, “as it speaks to the character of Eric’s campaign”, but since it is full of obscenities I am reluctant to do so. Stokes claims he has eye witnesses to Allen sticking “his hand in my face with his middle finger only standing up,” and saying the “f-bomb” in front of “children, mothers and grandmothers.”

And apparently Stokes is not the only person who has witnessed Allen’s explosive outbursts.

ericandrayonmotorcycle1.jpg

[size=+2]Joined at the Hip?[/size]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Now, Scouser - not everything that comes out of Collegiate School is automatically dreck.

Heck, there are actually some people who went through GWU without becoming thoroughly tainted.

I put mot of the blame on his internship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Bliley,_Jr. where he probably learned how to suck up to the privileged while standing on the backs (more accurately the necks) of the "little people".

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Now, Scouser - not everything that comes out of Collegiate School is automatically dreck.

Heck, there are actually some people who went through GWU without becoming thoroughly tainted.

I put mot of the blame on his internship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Bliley,_Jr. where he probably learned how to suck up to the privileged while standing on the backs (more accurately the necks) of the "little people".

stay safe.

+1 Are you sure you meant to say suck "up" or were you just being polite?