• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CeaseFire plans gun control discussion at Town Hall Seattle

Dave Workman

CeaseFire, Town Hall ‘Civics Series’ to discuss gun control Monday

Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, will be in Seattle Monday as the keynoter at Washington CeaseFire’s Spring Luncheon event at the Washington Athletic Club, and Monday evening he will lead a panel discussion on “gun reform” at Town Hall Seattle.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cea...to-discuss-gun-control-monday?cid=db_articles

EMNofSeattle

Unfortunately "Town Hall" is; a private, gun hating, meeting facility.

What would you recommend that our response be?

"Our" response? What you do is up to you. I would attend to listen to what they're saying and carry concealed. I would not recommend open carrying to an anti gun event, being asked to leave is guaranteed and it will only look bad in the media.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
1. You said you would not recommend open carrying to AN anti gun event.

I believe that you (emn) were at that rally too. I was there, carried a banner in the parade and even spoke to you briefly. As my feeble old mind remembers, you were armed and engaged a few others in conversation. Your argument is not valid.

EMNofSeattle

I did pay attention to what you wrote. I was specifically responding to:

1. You said you would not recommend open carrying to AN anti gun event. You did not specify the exact event in the OP.

2. You said being asked to leave is guaranteed. We were not asked to leave at the event we were openly carrying at, and they couldn't legally force us to leave because the event we attended was on public property.

3. You said it will only look bad in the media. I beg to differ. Your behavior can be such that the media will have to lie to make you look bad. (Not that they won't, but they didn't at the event we attended.)

I apologize for not being more specific in my first response.

I was referring the to the private property event, i would OC at a public place event. At private property rented for an anti gun event open carry is a bad idea.

I intended to refer to a private event as was being discussed, you have my apologies for snapping at you with that response though.

Freedom1Man

I was referring the to the private property event, i would OC at a public place event. At private property rented for an anti gun event open carry is a bad idea.

I intended to refer to a private event as was being discussed, you have my apologies for snapping at you with that response though.

I, for one, understood what you were saying.

()pen(arry

That is me in picture 33 with my WaGuns hat. This was not too long after the Raging Granny told me she would make poison cookies to give to me. So much for being anti-violence.

This morning, I was thinking about that show "Longmire" (which is a fantastic show, by the way), and remembered the part in the first episode where he says a flock of ravens is called an "unkindness" (properly termed the "collective noun"). For some reason, my mind wandered to anti-gun folks and their enthusiasm to use the force of the state to get their way. I decided that a group of progressives should be known as a "violence".

A violence of progressives.

Dave Workman

Gross hypocrisy: Brady Campaign leader talks gun control with armed security

Monday evening’s Town Hall Seattle forum featuring top local and national spokesmen for gun control might better have been a discussion about world-class hypocrisy, since a sign on the door advised that guns were prohibited, and the anti-gunners were protected by armed security.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gro...gn-head-talks-gun-control-with-armed-security