• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walgreens Cops Called for Open Carry (Encounter Detail)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you keep open carrying, the day is going to come when you're going to want to write a letter/note/email to someone in a position of power.

It's better for you to be perceived as a well-spoken individual rather than one who fulfills some individual's stereotype of gun owners/open carriers.

http://tinyurl.com/5wjyduq
Offering correction can be a difficult thing to accomplish - I personally welcome it, but recognize that some are more sensitive and take it as a put down.

Right or wrong we are what others perceive us to be......to them. Better to put your best foot forward when dealing with someone you hope to influence. Often times, people will present their correspondence for review and critique before sending it. Such is SOP with many organizations.

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

Nobody still answered my question what happened though since I gave ID, I thought I was suppose to be getting 50 questions and them trying to find out ways to arrest me or something lolol

What happened is that you conditioned several people into thinking that handing over your ID every time a police officer stops someone is a normal thing-when it shouldn't be.

You conditioned the four police officers that detained you, the three plus people in line with you at the walgreens, and the supervisors of the officers that read the report that they definitely wrote (that includes your name, address, where you were, etc-all of which can be used against you if a crime was committed in that area at that time), and all of the officers that those four will tell tell the story of the encounter to, which will probably be half the department.

It may seem innocuous handing over your ID, but what it does is erode the importance of the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution. Because what's the point in having that part of the Bill of Rights if you're going to just hand over your papers any time someone asks for it anyway?

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Where did all the police come from? I routinely carry in Northern Cambria Borough, Cambria County, and both Indiana Borough and White Township, Indiana County, and rarely, if ever, see any police anywhere. This past weekend my wife and I went shopping at Wal-Mart and Aldi's, and then had lunch at Eat-n-Park, all while OCing. I don't even think anyone noticed. Of course, a black gun in a black holster doesn't stand out all that much.

And, with only having OCed six or seven times, that could have some bearing on the subject. How one carries oneself around others does factor into the equation.

OP must familiarize himself with all the applicable laws, and be prepared to defend his rights, and be comfortable (mentally and physically) OCing.

apollovlx

Actually ICEN everything you said and did makes sensse to me. The officers were obviously called by someone there for were doing their jobs. I personally conceal just so I do not have these issues but if one arose I have found that it is easier to be polite and well mannered than being an A**. That being said also go with the number one rule CYA. Education, respect, and manners go a very long way. I salute your attitude sir.