• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suppose I would have been stopped!!!

Kc.38

as a side note, NC statutes explicitly state: '...at any time while the person has remaining in the person's body any alcohol....' (14.415.11 (C1)) and the common mantra is from DWI checkpoints ~ blow anything lose your CHP and firearm yet can drive home.

there is a contention by some NC citizens, myself included, there is a loophole where the statute does not apply to those who OC and imbibe since this particular statute specifically only mentions those who CC and ramifications of imbibing for them. The other kicker centers around is your firearm concealed on your hip while driving...another small point of contention.

myself, i think the advice given to get a box for your trunk could be strengthen, get one of the small key gun safes and either bolt it or tether it appropriately in your trunk, ensuring both you and your partner have keys.
As mentioned, this was not my car.
i am just glad your luck is better than mine, because if i had tried drinking while having one beer and a firearm, i would have run into every DWI checkpoint in area.
I do not believe that these are legal in Wi. I have never seen one here.

i would like to hear more on the two hunters and if the LE participating was a wild life ranger etc., as they have a different set of rules they march to.
ipse
I believe that the story goes that the DNR official called the sheriff deputy to arrest the hunter.

Last edited:

MKEgal

protias said:
1) It isn't illegal to consume alcohol and be armed.
pkbites said:
In a tavern it most certainly is.
Only if carrying on a license.
Open carry (no license, but permission of owner or manager) and imbibing (as long as not materially impaired) is legal because there's no law saying it's illegal.

solus said:
there is a contention by some NC citizens, myself included, there is a loophole where the statute does not apply to those who OC and imbibe since this particular statute specifically only mentions those who CC and ramifications of imbibing for them.
Exactly right.
WI 941.237 (3)(cx) specifically says that a licensee carrying in a tavern is not allowed to drink alcohol on the premises.

Notice that none of the other exceptions (police officer, former officer, out of state officer, owner, manager, or employee of the tavern, on-duty correctional officer, on-duty military member, on-duty security guard) have the restriction about not being allowed to drink alcohol while armed in a tavern.
It's only licensees whom the legislature considers irresponsible. :mad: