Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack in the Box bans open carry

Jack in the Box bans open carry

Looks Jack in the Box gave in to Mother's from defenseless victims.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortney...carry-n1836409
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.

So step by step they are forcing gun owners to find healthier foods and thus have healthier diets.

By getting us to avoid junk foods such as Starbucks and Jack in the Box we are having fewer unhealthy selections to choose from.

They must really care about us.

But if we were really as dangerous and violent as the anti-gunners claim we are, then there would not be any anti-gunners to complain about us.

Oh well.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    So step by step they are forcing gun owners to find healthier foods and thus have healthier diets.

By getting us to avoid junk foods such as Starbucks and Jack in the Box we are having fewer unhealthy selections to choose from.

They must really care about us.

But if we were really as dangerous and violent as the anti-gunners claim we are, then there would not be any anti-gunners to complain about us.

Oh well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aae17d15db54f4963ad046e4c66ba027.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	11594

Oh well. I haven't eaten there in over a year, so no loss there. Also, I've been meaning to lose a little weight.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of a new place to eat! Is this the Burger King open carry guy?

OC meeting at Booger King?
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Don't bring your cameras...

They vehemently ban all photography in their locations.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Unethical.

They've asked people not to, but you think the request doesn't apply to you? Why?

I can't find their press release on facebook, it seems to me that only MDA is even circulating this. MDA can be incessant after choosing a cause. I have a feeling this announcement was to placate a group of annoying extremists. I'll bet if I open carry to my local J in the Box when I get home in several weeks there will be no problems at all.

And as far as the private property rights, most fast food joints are franchised, so unless the franchisee bans carry I don't see it as violating property rights.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Unethical.

They've asked people not to, but you think the request doesn't apply to you? Why?[/COLOR]
    Did I miss something? Has "Booger King" banned OC too?

Nothing could be better for the NON franchise restaurant owners. While the big boys keep caving to silly demands small business gets a boost where they need it, more customers, and a niche to attract them.

I myself was treated very well by one of these small business owners. He went past the normal business and went out of his way to make me welcome WITH my OC firearm. In NC it is unlawful to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol without a CHP or the owners permission. The owner immediately gave me his permission and I was encouraged to spread the word to others.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Don't bring your cameras...

They vehemently ban all photography in their locations.
    They ban the exercising of 1st Amendment rights do they? Nice to see they think they are above the Constitution. Now all I need is a video of them violating it.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    They ban the exercising of 1st Amendment rights do they? Nice to see they think they are above the Constitution. Now all I need is a video of them violating it.

Too bad your across the pond. And its a private business.... not violating anything. Don't like it, don't eat there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    ...its a private business.... not violating anything. Don't like it, don't eat there...
    Correct.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post

I'm not sure why you believe that we have a 1st Amendment right to take pictures inside someone's business location.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Before we get too far away, one small detail:

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ 911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Unethical.

They've asked people not to, but you think the request doesn't apply to you? Why?[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    I hadn't heard of this. I just OCed at two different BKs in March and got nothing in terms of stares or wild-eyed looks, much less any comments.
    Does this mean I have to go without Whoppers as well?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Too bad your across the pond. And its a private business.... not violating anything. Don't like it, don't eat there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    I'm not sure why you believe that we have a 1st Amendment right to take pictures inside someone's business location.
    it may well be a private business but the very nature of it means they expect the public to be there and as such there is no right to privacy. Plus in Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins it was stated that

A state can prohibit the private owner of a shopping center from using state trespass law to exclude peaceful expressive activity in the open areas of the shopping center.

even the liberal wasteland of California

under the California Constitution, individuals may peacefully exercise their right to free speech in parts of private shopping centers regularly held open to the public, subject to reasonable regulations adopted by the shopping centers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruney...nter_v._Robins

There is certainly precedent for insisting that businesses respect your right to free speech. While they can deny that in some states it certainly isnt wise
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Actually, that applied to common areas of large shopping centers, not to individual businesses within, nor to stand-alone businesses.

But I agree with you on the principle of your argument against the business.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-12-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    Only the ones owned by Heartland.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Before we get too far away, one small detail:

I hadn't heard of this. I just OCed at two different BKs in March and got nothing in terms of stares or wild-eyed looks, much less any comments.
    Does this mean I have to go without Whoppers as well?
    deanf made a mistake, and got confused when someone else added BK to the conversation. To get back on track it was JIB that called for the ban, it was then suggested we show our appreciation to BK since they are still "good".

The antis- are trying to eat the 2A elephant just one nibble at a time. Unfortunately too many people just give in, and still spend money there by going CC.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 05-12-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Jack in the box story a Hoax's

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/05...refuge-in.html

The widely reported story that Jack in the Box employees locked themselves in the freezer because they feared open carry activists is almost certainly a hoax. The event was reported to have happened at a Jack in the Box in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

This video report by NBC5 reporter Ken Kalthoff shows Irwin Harris saying that they entered the restaurant and were served without any fuss. He said they ordered, received their food, and left. The police told NBC5 that the employees then went into the cooler for protection. That seems a little odd... lock yourself in the freezer *after* the armed men act politely, pay for their purchases, and walk out? The only thing NBC5 has to show this is an email from the police. The Jack in the Box people refused to talk to the reporter.

Open Carry Texas has more. They requested the 911 calls to the police for the incident. They say there was only one, and they put it on YouTube. The caller simply describes the open carriers as casually walking, with one of them filming the others. They also contacted Jack in the Box, where officials deny that employees were ever in fear of their life. From the Open Carry Texas YouTube that includes the audio of the 911 call:

"Jack in the Box officials deny their employees were in fear of their lives or locked themselves in a freezer."
    While I was not there, it certainly appears that we have another media frenzy against open carriers, that amounts to a hoax. The idea that employees locked themselves in the freezer *after* the open carriers left, and were so scared that they never called 911, and even denied that it ever happened to their bosses, is simply unbelievable.

Can we believe that the police sent an unverified email to a media outlet...

It seems much more likely to me.

This can use a bit more investigation. I would like to see the police email, and figure out where it came from. Maybe a Jack in the Box employee jokingly made a comment to police that got blown up, but it seems very likely that fear and "locking in the freezer" never happened.

Update: This is the police report that the Forbes reporter relied on:

In the interest of transparency, here is the full statement from Fort Worth P.D., which Sgt. Bush just confirmed to me (on Tues 5/6) is accurate:

On May 1st the F.W.P.D. received a call stating four males were carrying assault rifles in the parking lot of the Jack-in-the-Box located at Sycamore School Road and South Freeway.
    Upon arrival, officers discovered a group of 4-6 males carrying rifles. The men reported that they were conducting an Open Carry Demonstration.
    Officers spoke with Jack-in-the-Box employees who reported that they feared for their lives and believed they were being robbed. They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them.
    The demonstration had no signage that would have alerted anyone to their real purpose, and to our knowledge they did not attempt to contact anyone in the Fort Worth Police Department to advise us prior to the demonstration.
    A patrol supervisor made the scene and spoke with members of the demonstration. He explained that in the future it would be advantageous if they carried large signage or flags declaring their purpose. He also gave them the number to the local police station so they could advise police prior to their next demonstration.
    The initial call was #140326011.
    We respect the rights of all citizens to peacefully protest and the right to bear arms. However, we cannot stress enough how a simple phone call to police prior to this demonstration and the use of easily visible signage could have avoided un-necessarily alarming the public.

So, this appears to be an unverified report from a sargent who says police officers said that Jack in the Box employees told them that this happened.

It will be interesting to see what the official police reports say.

©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
    Link to Gun Watch

U

Posted by Dean Weingarten at 5/13/2014 05:53:00 AM No comments: Links to this post
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    In the interest of transparency, here is the full statement from Fort Worth P.D., which Sgt. Bush just confirmed to me (on Tues 5/6) is accurate:

On May 1st the F.W.P.D. received a call stating four males were carrying assault rifles in the parking lot of the Jack-in-the-Box located at Sycamore School Road and South Freeway.
    Upon arrival, officers discovered a group of 4-6 males carrying rifles. The men reported that they were conducting an Open Carry Demonstration.
    Officers spoke with Jack-in-the-Box employees who reported that they feared for their lives and believed they were being robbed. They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them.
    The demonstration had no signage that would have alerted anyone to their real purpose, and to our knowledge they did not attempt to contact anyone in the Fort Worth Police Department to advise us prior to the demonstration.
    A patrol supervisor made the scene and spoke with members of the demonstration. He explained that in the future it would be advantageous if they carried large signage or flags declaring their purpose. He also gave them the number to the local police station so they could advise police prior to their next demonstration.
    The initial call was #140326011.
    We respect the rights of all citizens to peacefully protest and the right to bear arms. However, we cannot stress enough how a simple phone call to police prior to this demonstration and the use of easily visible signage could have avoided un-necessarily alarming the public.

So, this appears to be an unverified report from a sargent who says police officers said that Jack in the Box employees told them that this happened.

It will be interesting to see what the official police reports say.

©2014 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
    Link to Gun Watch

U

Posted by Dean Weingarten at 5/13/2014 05:53:00 AM No comments: Links to this post
    So people need to call the police whenever they are planning on exercising their rights?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Worth P.D
    ...Upon arrival, officers discovered a group of 4-6 males carrying rifles...

...We respect the rights of all citizens to peacefully protest and the right to bear arms. However, we cannot stress enough how a simple phone call to police prior to this demonstration and the use of easily visible signage could have avoided un-necessarily alarming the public...
    Was that too high a number to count accurately?

And we respect the self-righteous opinions of public servants, but we cannot stress enough that removing the unconstitutional ban on the unlicensed carry of sidearms would make these "demonstrations" completely unnecessary.
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-12-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Dean,

I have open carried at the Burger King in Snohomish several times without being asked to leave. Nor have I ever seen any request/news article etc. saying they don't wan't us there.

I fully respect the rights of private businesses, but they have to make it very clear we are not wanted there. I don't usually call ahead to ask……………..

Clarification please?

Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Can you carry a pistol inside a box marked 'gun?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Can you carry a pistol inside a box marked 'gun?"
    Only if the gun is unloaded, the firing pin has been removed, you have a permission slip from the state, and you have 2" X 2" "Danger!" decals on the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast