Thread: PSH and an apology for having a life

PSH and an apology for having a life

There was a thread http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...14#post2059814 where I used the acronym PSH.

Folks from all corners of OCDO wondered what it stands for. I was off doing other things while that thread ran inself into the ground and got locked down. Thus, I missed the requests for enlightenment about PSH.

I am rather taken aback that folks at OCDO did not immediately recognize PSH. Apparently my age (pre-Mezozoic) was showing, for it used to be thrown about by essayists (those folks who wrote about stuff before Algore invented the internet so anybody could blog) who commented about the reaction of folks who reacted to the thought of - let alone the actual sight of - firearms.

PSH. Pants Sh!tting Hysteria.

Really? Nobody recognized it?

Apparently I am living that amorphism - Those who remember history are doomed to sit helplessly while those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There was a thread http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...14#post2059814 where I used the acronym PSH.

Folks from all corners of OCDO wondered what it stands for. I was off doing other things while that thread ran inself into the ground and got locked down. Thus, I missed the requests for enlightenment about PSH.

I am rather taken aback that folks at OCDO did not immediately recognize PSH. Apparently my age (pre-Mezozoic) was showing, for it used to be thrown about by essayists (those folks who wrote about stuff before Algore invented the internet so anybody could blog) who commented about the reaction of folks who reacted to the thought of - let alone the actual sight of - firearms.

PSH. Pants Sh!tting Hysteria.

Really? Nobody recognized it?

Apparently I am living that amorphism - Those who remember history are doomed to sit helplessly while those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

stay safe.
    PSH. I like it. I'll be looking for a time to use it.
    Advocate freedom please

I was ignorant. Now I am enlightened.

Thanks.

Banned
    I recognized it .. was a too scared to talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    PSH. I like it. I'll be looking for a time to use it.
    It's difficult to find a time when it's not appropriate.

Heck, go past a bunch of Mommies Demanding Attention and yell to your buddy "Gun the car!" and watch them go into PSH.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thanks skids...im 30 so apparently I'm a youngin compared to most of you? I'll have to remember that one. I like it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's difficult to find a time when it's not appropriate.

Heck, go past a bunch of Mommies Demanding Attention and yell to your buddy "Gun the car!" and watch them go into PSH.

stay safe.

That happens when some of us deer hunt.

Centurion
    Skid, thanks much! That is one I'd have never guessed on my own. And it is one I like!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"