Thread: Back in Missouri, time to OC again

Back in Missouri, time to OC again

Ok, so now that Im back in missouri for good I wanted to map out my local area for go/no go cities. from my research on http://generalcode.com/codification/quickcode/library and https://www.municode.com/ Kansas City, Riverside, Parkville, and Liberty have no ordinances against open carry, Gladestone does and Platte City does but you can OC if you have a ccw. Now I was just looking up North Kansas City and I've heard many people say before that you cant OC there but in their list here https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16014 I found nothing against OCing. Im still trying to find info for Northmoor (right next to riverside and is pretty small) and Platte Woods (between 64th St and Barry Road).

Anyone with additional info for towns in Clay and Platte county that I havent mentioned feel free to reply to thread or PM me.

I'll give you what I think I know having read cites from different people that supposedly researched OC, and what I see living in Platte City: prohibited and no one does it. I've lived here 8 years. That's just my belief and experience. I'd like to read in to it more though if you have a solid source re: Platte City.

It looks like NKC updated their weapon ordinances on 1/21/14. Looks like it now follows state statutes closely. Just because something is one way now, it doesn't mean it wasn't a different way 6 months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    It looks like NKC updated their weapon ordinances on 1/21/14. Looks like it now follows state statutes closely. Just because something is one way now, it doesn't mean it wasn't a different way 6 months ago.

Or six days ago. Six of them in Wentzville. Get their undies in a bunch and codes can change right quick and in a hurry. They're all nosy busybodies only doing what is good for you, don'tcha know. It don't matter to them what you think only that you comply.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post

Just be aware, if you know the law or local ordinance changed, don't expect the general populace to. You may still end up on the receiving end of a Man With a Gun call. Also, don't expect the responding officers to know the law either, especially if the change was recent.

I wouldn't open carry in NKC. Coming back from the range, I wore an empty holster into a Quiktrip on Amour rd and suddenly had three new 'friends'. Seemed to be very concerned with where the gun was. They calmed down when it was properly stowed but advised against the wearing the holster.
    Last edited by skin'erback; 05-18-2014 at 11:10 PM.