• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back in Missouri, time to OC again

ATCSamps

Ok, so now that Im back in missouri for good I wanted to map out my local area for go/no go cities. from my research on http://generalcode.com/codification/quickcode/library and https://www.municode.com/ Kansas City, Riverside, Parkville, and Liberty have no ordinances against open carry, Gladestone does and Platte City does but you can OC if you have a ccw. Now I was just looking up North Kansas City and I've heard many people say before that you cant OC there but in their list here https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16014 I found nothing against OCing. Im still trying to find info for Northmoor (right next to riverside and is pretty small) and Platte Woods (between 64th St and Barry Road).

Anyone with additional info for towns in Clay and Platte county that I havent mentioned feel free to reply to thread or PM me.

VinnAY

I'll give you what I think I know having read cites from different people that supposedly researched OC, and what I see living in Platte City: prohibited and no one does it. I've lived here 8 years. That's just my belief and experience. I'd like to read in to it more though if you have a solid source re: Platte City.

kcgunfan

It looks like NKC updated their weapon ordinances on 1/21/14. Looks like it now follows state statutes closely. Just because something is one way now, it doesn't mean it wasn't a different way 6 months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

It looks like NKC updated their weapon ordinances on 1/21/14. Looks like it now follows state statutes closely. Just because something is one way now, it doesn't mean it wasn't a different way 6 months ago.

Or six days ago. Six of them in Wentzville. Get their undies in a bunch and codes can change right quick and in a hurry. They're all nosy busybodies only doing what is good for you, don'tcha know. It don't matter to them what you think only that you comply.

JEStucker

Just be aware, if you know the law or local ordinance changed, don't expect the general populace to. You may still end up on the receiving end of a Man With a Gun call. Also, don't expect the responding officers to know the law either, especially if the change was recent.

skin'erback

I wouldn't open carry in NKC. Coming back from the range, I wore an empty holster into a Quiktrip on Amour rd and suddenly had three new 'friends'. Seemed to be very concerned with where the gun was. They calmed down when it was properly stowed but advised against the wearing the holster.

Last edited: