Thread: Concealed carry law, doctors to make call on gun ownership,"Clear and Present Danger"

Concealed carry law, doctors to make call on gun ownership,"Clear and Present Danger"

"An Infowars.com reader has emailed a brochure released by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS). The brochure describes the responsibility of doctors and health care professionals under the Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) Mental Health Reporting System as part of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act (PA 98-063). The law requires clinicians and facilities to report patients who own firearms they believe pose a “clear and present danger” to themselves or others."

http://www.infowars.com/2nd-amendmen...r-in-illinois/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    That's why I don't see doctors. As far as I know, I am the picture of perfect health !

If doctors want to take the risk and piss off untold #s of gun owners ... that's up to them.

Reap what ye sow.

the responsibility of doctors and health care professionals under the Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) Mental Health Reporting System as part of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act (PA 98-063). The law requires clinicians and facilities to report patients who own firearms they believe pose a “clear and present danger” to themselves or others."
    Just how is the doc going to know if a patient owns a firearm?

Well, unless the patient is a Fudd, in which case it will be hard not to know.

For regulatory fun & games, I'd love to see what happens to some clinician or facility that reports someone as a clear and present danger to themself or others under the "regular" MH laws/regs but forgets to do so under PA 98-063.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Just how is the doc going to know if a patient owns a firearm?

Well, unless the patient is a Fudd, in which case it will be hard not to know.
    <snip>.
    Ya know skid, sometimes you just crack me up.

http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=37393

All a doc has to do is make a phone call and the FOID "system" takes care of the rest.

By the way, Infowars is not required to get a copy of the brochure.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I've heard this tripe also being part of obummer care.

If/when my doctor asks if I own guns, my answer is already prepared, NOYFB

If on Monday I run into my doc at the range and we compare guns, etc., and on Tuesday when I am in his office and he asks, the answer will be the same, as I will not answer so that it becomes part of my medical records, which we know the government has full access to, no matter how much they lie about it being private.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post

If on Monday I run into my doc at the range and we compare guns, etc., and on Tuesday when I am in his office and he asks, the answer will be the same, as I will not answer so that it becomes part of my medical records, which we know the government has full access to, no matter how much they lie about it being private.
    While I like and have used the NOYFB on the long form census asking how many toilets I had; depending on if your doc is a buddy, when there are only 2 possible answers (YES or NO) on a government form anything but a simple NO is likely to be entered as a YES.

Figuring government intrusion in medical care I haven't given a truthful answer to non-relevant questions on a new patient questionnaire in years. If you compile all those answers I am between 30 and 70, a Black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American of non-white Hispanic heritage who doesn't drink, use tobacco, always uses my seat-belt (yes I encountered that one) and has never engaged in promiscuous sex I have never encountered a question about gun ownership but I figure it is coming and my answer will be a simple NO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post

Or just answer...guns? No, no guns ... I like to kill my targets up close and personal with my knife. Like this one guy who was a stool pigeon...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Or just answer...guns? No, no guns ... I like to kill my targets up close and personal with my knife. Like this one guy who was a stool pigeon...
    In

My personal doctor has never asked any questions about gun ownership. In my church there are 5 doctors, 4 of which I know are gun owners and plan on getting an Illinois concealed carry permit sometime, even though carry is prohibited in hospitals and at the office of the one doctor because the building is hospital owned. The 5th doctor may not be a gun owner, but I doubt he is an anti. One of the doctors went to Frontsight with 4 others from my church, for a 4 day handgun course,. and paid for our motel rooms.