Thread: Anti-Surveillance Mask Can Hide You From Biometric Face Scanners. SHTFplan.com

Anti-Surveillance Mask Can Hide You From Biometric Face Scanners. SHTFplan.com

If Leo Selvaggio has his way, you’ll be able to assume an alternative identity by using an age old low-tech strategy made possible by modern-day 3-D printers. It’s so simple that it’s brilliant, especially considering the fact that Selvaggio’s innovation is capable of compromising multi-billion dollar face recognition surveillance systems with the use of an easily obtainable personal prosthetic mask.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ublic_05132014

http://www.thatsmyface.com/Custom-We..._grey.tpl.html $300
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned

I have also seriously considered something along the lines of these.....

http://www.radar-detector-superstore.com/anphrapl.html

to try and defeat the auto license plate readers.
    Last edited by F350; 05-14-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I have also seriously considered something along the lines of these.....

http://www.radar-detector-superstore.com/anphrapl.html

to try and defeat the auto license plate readers.
    These products only work with photos taken with flash photography ..

I wonder if one can simply flip the plate upside down to defeat this technology
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-14-2014 at 07:40 PM.

UPDATE! Face-recognition pioneer warns of exploitation.'Robbing everyone of anonymity

Now an industry consultant, Dr. Atick finds himself in a delicate position. While promoting and profiting from an industry that he helped foster, he also feels compelled to caution against its unfettered proliferation. He isn’t so much concerned about government agencies that use face recognition openly for specific purposes — for example, the many state motor vehicle departments that scan drivers’ faces as a way to prevent license duplications and fraud. Rather, what troubles him is the potential exploitation of face recognition to identify ordinary and unwitting citizens as they go about their lives in public. Online, we are all tracked. But to Dr. Atick, the street remains a haven, and he frets that he may have abetted a technology that could upend the social order.

Face-matching today could enable mass surveillance, “basically robbing everyone of their anonymity,” he says, and inhibit people’s normal behavior outside their homes. Pointing to the intelligence documents made public by Edward J. Snowden, he adds that once companies amass consumers’ facial data, government agencies might obtain access to it, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/te...a-face.html?hp
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Now an industry consultant, Dr. Atick finds himself in a delicate position. While promoting and profiting from an industry that he helped foster, he also feels compelled to caution against its unfettered proliferation. He isn’t so much concerned about government agencies that use face recognition openly for specific purposes — for example, the many state motor vehicle departments that scan drivers’ faces as a way to prevent license duplications and fraud. Rather, what troubles him is the potential exploitation of face recognition to identify ordinary and unwitting citizens as they go about their lives in public. Online, we are all tracked. But to Dr. Atick, the street remains a haven, and he frets that he may have abetted a technology that could upend the social order.

Face-matching today could enable mass surveillance, “basically robbing everyone of their anonymity,” he says, and inhibit people’s normal behavior outside their homes. Pointing to the intelligence documents made public by Edward J. Snowden, he adds that once companies amass consumers’ facial data, government agencies might obtain access to it, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/te...a-face.html?hp
    Anonymity not important people think? Think again..event governments acknowledge that its important

http://www.state.ct.us/foi/2010FD/20...IC2009-547.htm
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 05-17-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Several states have prohibitions against the wearing of masks in order to conceal the identity of the wearer. One idea might be to wear a hat or cap with infrared emitters on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	infrared-baseball-cap.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	11624
    The other method (which might become women's fashion one day) is disruptive pattern makeup)

Name:	defeat-facial-recognition.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11625

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Several states have prohibitions against the wearing of masks in order to conceal the identity of the wearer. One idea might be to wear a hat or cap with infrared emitters on it.

Name:	infrared-baseball-cap.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	11624
    The other method (which might become women's fashion one day) is disruptive pattern makeup)

Name:	defeat-facial-recognition.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	11625
    That makeup looks like something Lady Gaga would wear. I like the hat idea though.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Lightbulb

I don't know about you guys & gals, but I've always favored the "Timeless" Guy Fawkes mask.

You would hear bureaucratic back sides puckering from coast to coast if suddenly millions of citizens started showing up in these.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by NosePicker; 05-18-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Computer vision dazzle (or CV dazzle)

Anti-Surveillance Camouflage for Your Face
    In a world of increasingly sophisticated facial-recognition technology, a drastic technique can throw the machines off your trail.
    By Robinson Meyer
    http://www.theatlantic.com/features/...makeup/374929/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Several states have prohibitions against the wearing of masks in order to conceal the identity of the wearer. --snipped--
    In Virginia it is a felony.

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places
    https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/leg...0+cod+18.2-422
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I miss liberty...
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand