• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm a cat and the guberment worker is a dog - see what happens

Jeff. State

Banned
Of course, when a dog actually/justifiably needs to be shot. The is not a "peace" officer in sight.

We are on our own and when "law" enforcement officers are around it is NOT for public safety.

Last edited:

Primus

Is this the video of cat chasing the dog off of the little kid?

I hate clicking videos.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

onus

I think that's pretty amazing. I would never think a cat would or could do that.

stealthyeliminator

Very curious as to what was going through the dog's head.

I also find it curious that there are so many cries for the dog's blood. I'm not saying whether I agree or not, I just find it kind of interesting. If a man had done that, he'd not be sentenced to death, whether he was capable of understanding the morality of his actions or not. But even if the death penalty for this act was an option, it would appear from recent cases that some sort of mental defect or an incapability of understanding the morality of one's action is some kind of defense from prosecution. A dog, I think most would agree, is not really capable of understanding the morality of its actions... So why the death penalty for a dog. It'd be much cheaper to imprison a dog for its crimes than a human. Obviously the dog's life is considered less valuable, and that's a difference, but I think there's more than just that. I think that people have been heavily conditioned to be almost accepting or somehow understanding of people that commit obviously atrocious crimes. Maybe they over-compensate for that unnatural feeling in cases like these. Not sure where I'm going with this, it just struck me that something was weird with people's bloodthirsty reaction.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Very curious as to what was going through the dog's head.

I also find it curious that there are so many cries for the dog's blood. I'm not saying whether I agree or not, I just find it kind of interesting. If a man had done that, he'd not be sentenced to death, whether he was capable of understanding the morality of his actions or not. But even if the death penalty for this act was an option, it would appear from recent cases that some sort of mental defect or an incapability of understanding the morality of one's action is some kind of defense from prosecution. A dog, I think most would agree, is not really capable of understanding the morality of its actions... So why the death penalty for a dog. It'd be much cheaper to imprison a dog for its crimes than a human. Obviously the dog's life is considered less valuable, and that's a difference, but I think there's more than just that. I think that people have been heavily conditioned to be almost accepting or somehow understanding of people that commit obviously atrocious crimes. Maybe they over-compensate for that unnatural feeling in cases like these. Not sure where I'm going with this, it just struck me that something was weird with people's bloodthirsty reaction.
In American juris prudence, dogs are generally considered property......unless it is a police dog or you are PETA.

Putting down a dog that attacks a child w/o provication is no more blood thirsty than removing and squishing a tick IMO, though I understand that many would disagree......ticks are not seen as friends of man exactly.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

Hmm I see what you're saying, and I don't necessarily disagree that putting a dog down can be done without blood thirst, but many of the comments that I saw were blood thirsty for sure.