Thread: Roy Rogers proves concealment is better than OC

Roy Rogers proves concealment is better than OC

I've been wrong all this time.

Roy Rogers proved long ago that OC holsters are just asking for a gun-grab and concealment is the ultimate tactical advantage.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Georgia, USA
    Hard to argue when you see it happen before your very eyes.

Árida Zona
    I guess Gecko21sfpistol was right... drawing that spring-loaded Derringer from concealment WAS faster than drawing from the holster.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

United States
    But then you'd have to wear a stupid hat all the time.

And how do you fit a 1911 in it?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

In the county.

Hard to believe Roy Rogers would have anything to do with something as underhanded as a sneaky hat gun. The reason it's hard to believe is because my dad wouldn't buy me one. (He'd already bought me the "belt buckle" derringer that popped out and fired when you raised your hands!)
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    A recoilless derringer - whoda thunk it?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

North Carolina
    MDA should start a petition against the toy hat gun. (sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    But then you'd have to wear a stupid hat all the time.

And how do you fit a 1911 in it?
    I like hats. I like to keep the sun off.

On the second part......get a bigger hat. They go all the way up to the "ten gallon" size,eh?

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    1st off he wsas still OCing the hat gun was just his "bug".

2nd can you imagine if kids had this today the cops would mow them down.

How in the world did we ever survive as kids and not one of us turned into mass murdering gunman when we had all this fire power???