Thread: BC cops open carry

BC cops open carry

Today I saw some Vancouver, BC Police at a rest stop near Castle Rock, WA towing police bikes for a event that I think is in Portland this weekend. I saw all 8 of the with Sigs on their hips, can they carry here?

Do they need, or have, an alien firearms license?

Quote Originally Posted by glock23 View Post
    Today I saw some Vancouver, BC Police at a rest stop near Castle Rock, WA towing police bikes for a event that I think is in Portland this weekend. I saw all 8 of the with Sigs on their hips, can they carry here?
    Why didn't you ask them about the cross country reciprocity?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

As I understand the law, anyone here legally can open carry just as if they were a citizen. While purchasing a firearm might be problematic, if they were to legally borrow one from a friend, the same open carry rules would apply.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

According to the DOL:
    Who doesn’t need an alien firearms license?

• A permanent resident alien (immigrant alien) with a permanent resident card (green card).
    • A citizen of Canada or a non-immigrant alien not residing in Washington, who is hunting or participating in trade shows or shooting events while visiting or vacationing here.

The RCWs. If it isn't mentioned, it isn't illegal, right? I'd also assume there'd be a bit of "professional courtesy" if there was an issue.

RCW 9.41.175

(2) A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm so long as he or she possesses:

(a) Valid documentation as required for entry into the United States;

(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and

(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or

(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.

RCW 9.41.060

(1) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, correctional personnel and community corrections officers as long as they are employed as such who have completed government-sponsored law enforcement firearms training and have been subject to a check through the national instant criminal background check system or an equivalent background check within the past five years, or other law enforcement officers of this state or another state. Correctional personnel and community corrections officers seeking the waiver provided for by this section are required to pay for any background check that is needed in order to exercise the waiver;

So... they may lawfully carry and possess firearms in the US and specifically in Washington state... but we are not allowed the same in Canada? What bs is this!?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    So... they may lawfully carry and possess firearms in the US and specifically in Washington state... but we are not allowed the same in Canada? What bs is this!?
    The USA is the land of the free.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    The USA is the land of the free. And Canada the home of the freeloader.
    FTFY.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    As I understand the law, anyone here legally can open carry just as if they were a citizen. While purchasing a firearm might be problematic, if they were to legally borrow one from a friend, the same open carry rules would apply.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    I find the point Navy brought up interesting though about being on a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    Be glad. We should be even more free. Set an example of liberty for others.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)