• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BC cops open carry

glock23

Today I saw some Vancouver, BC Police at a rest stop near Castle Rock, WA towing police bikes for a event that I think is in Portland this weekend. I saw all 8 of the with Sigs on their hips, can they carry here?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Today I saw some Vancouver, BC Police at a rest stop near Castle Rock, WA towing police bikes for a event that I think is in Portland this weekend. I saw all 8 of the with Sigs on their hips, can they carry here?

Why didn't you ask them about the cross country reciprocity?

Boomboy007

As I understand the law, anyone here legally can open carry just as if they were a citizen. While purchasing a firearm might be problematic, if they were to legally borrow one from a friend, the same open carry rules would apply.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

mikeyb

According to the DOL:
[h=3]Who doesn’t need an alien firearms license?[/h]
  • A permanent resident alien (immigrant alien) with a permanent resident card (green card).
  • A citizen of Canada or a non-immigrant alien not residing in Washington, who is hunting or participating in trade shows or shooting events while visiting or vacationing here.

The RCWs. If it isn't mentioned, it isn't illegal, right? I'd also assume there'd be a bit of "professional courtesy" if there was an issue.

[h=2]RCW 9.41.175[/h] (2) A citizen of Canada may carry or possess any firearm so long as he or she possesses:

(a) Valid documentation as required for entry into the United States;

(b) If required under federal law, an approved United States department of justice ATF-6 NIA application and permit for temporary importation of firearms and ammunition by nonimmigrant aliens; and

(c)(i) A valid hunting license issued by a state or territory of the United States; or

(ii) An invitation to participate in a trade show or sport shooting event being conducted in this state, another state, or another country that is contiguous with this state.

[h=2]RCW 9.41.060[/h] (1) Marshals, sheriffs, prison or jail wardens or their deputies, correctional personnel and community corrections officers as long as they are employed as such who have completed government-sponsored law enforcement firearms training and have been subject to a check through the national instant criminal background check system or an equivalent background check within the past five years, or other law enforcement officers of this state or another state. Correctional personnel and community corrections officers seeking the waiver provided for by this section are required to pay for any background check that is needed in order to exercise the waiver;

Grim_Night

So... they may lawfully carry and possess firearms in the US and specifically in Washington state... but we are not allowed the same in Canada? What bs is this!?

sudden valley gunner

As I understand the law, anyone here legally can open carry just as if they were a citizen. While purchasing a firearm might be problematic, if they were to legally borrow one from a friend, the same open carry rules would apply.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I find the point Navy brought up interesting though about being on a vehicle.

So... they may lawfully carry and possess firearms in the US and specifically in Washington state... but we are not allowed the same in Canada? What bs is this!?

Be glad. We should be even more free. Set an example of liberty for others.