Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And now the incorrect way to chk your body armor (u know how it ends)

Banned

And now the incorrect way to chk your body armor (u know how it ends)

Teenage girl accused of shooting dead a friend after he asked her to try out his bulletproof vest and she MISSED

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz31kDrpQtK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I would have a hard time in the jury room to stop myself from laughing to pronounce a not guilty verdict.

Idiot asked for it, idiot got it. Darwin's law prevails.

So, you think it's funny that an innocent young man's death is funny? Accidents happen, some people aren't fortunate enough to survive. But to think that this is funny is really sick.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Hit girl

Hey babe, shoot me with this gun right into to my vest. Everything will be fine, I have seen this done on the movie Kick-@ss.

If the media do not know the difference between a "flak jacket" and a bullet-resistant vest, how are mere ordinary people supposed to know?

And from the description, it seems like our hero did not bother to secure the two halves of the flak jacket, as the bullet struck him in the heart. Bullet-resistant vests are all of one piece in the front just to avoid that possibility.

So, final score? Media = stupid. Girl = stupid. Guy daring her to shoot him = stupid. Guy giving them the flak jacket in the first place = stupid. Yet only 50% of the players win stupid prizes. It just aint fair, I tell ya!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

.....swimming in the very shallow end of the gene pool.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    So, you think it's funny that an innocent young man's death is funny? Accidents happen, some people aren't fortunate enough to survive. But to think that this is funny is really sick.
    This is sad and in some sick way could be perverted into humor but of this incident it "WASN'T" and accident. It was one fool asking another fool to do something that resulted in his death.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    This is sad and in some sick way could be perverted into humor but of this incident it "WASN'T" and accident. It was one fool asking another fool to do something that resulted in his death.
    Nor for nothing but unless he said "kill me" and unless she had intention of killing him (murder) then..... its an accident.

The point was to test the vest and survive. There are plenty of dumb videos like this on the internet. They did it wrong.... accidentally.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

... an innocent young man's death...
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

About 7 years ago in Idaho I was with some friends and a guy had a bulletproof vest and a few people took turns wearing it and shooting it with a .22

They asked me if I wanted to try and I said no.

I had confidence in the vest but no confidence in the drunks who were aiming the gun.

I hope this recent case was captured on video. I'm sure it was.

A new Darwin Award nominee.

S.C. teen fatally shoots friend while testing bulletproof vest

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    A new Darwin Award nominee.
    The posthumous ones are the best ones.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

somebody said it already...........

They're both being nominated to the list of eligibles for this year's Darwin's Award. In the picture that looked like a S+W SD9 or 40. Wouldn't want to be standing in front of a 22 much less a 9 or 40.
    Last edited by RK3369; 05-15-2014 at 02:37 PM.

"missing the vest and hitting him in the chest" ...huuuuh, whaaat? Where was the vest placed? Around the face, maybe the groin, the hand???

It was no accident that the players in this event were idiots. The shooting was not an accident, it was negligent.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    "missing the vest and hitting him in the chest" ...huuuuh, whaaat? Where was the vest placed? Around the face, maybe the groin, the hand???
    my thoughts exactly
    this guy wanted her to shoot him in the chest, but he didn't even have his vest completely on. this is a whole new level of stupid

Sent from my SCH-R680 using Tapatalk 2

the only innocent was their child...sigh!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by hhofent View Post
    my thoughts exactly
    this guy wanted her to shoot him in the chest, but he didn't even have his vest completely on. this is a whole new level of stupid

How do we know the vest wasn't on properly ? Isnt it possible to just shoot high ? There is a major artery, subclavian artery, just above where the vest would protect.

If they had survived that game, they were going to play a round of russian roulette next.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Nor for nothing but unless he said "kill me" and unless she had intention of killing him (murder) then..... its an accident.

The point was to test the vest and survive. There are plenty of dumb videos like this on the internet. They did it wrong.... accidentally.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    We don't even use accident in EMS anymore due to the fact there are no accidents. It all has to do with the lawyers. Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident even if the person asked you to do it.

This would be more like manslaughter than murder, either way it is homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    How do we know the vest wasn't on properly ? Isnt it possible to just shoot high ? There is a major artery, subclavian artery, just above where the vest would protect.
    It's possible I suppose. But going from the article, it pierced his heart. I suppose the vest could have been sagging a bit as well.

We don't even use accident in EMS anymore due to the fact there are no accidents. It all has to do with the lawyers. Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident even if the person asked you to do it.

+1

The only accident is the two set of parents whose for whatever reason DNA strands had flaws.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    .....swimming in the very shallow end of the gene pool.
    And there's a baby stuck in the middle. Ugh. Here's to another future asshat.
    Last edited by katenka; 05-15-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Banned

Sounds more like a favor ... to him & the rest of society

Sick? No. I'm not sick.

I've simply been desensitized from being subjected to so much self-righteous indignation from people who have no vested interest in the situation other than it provides another opportunity for faux outrage so that one can feel superior to we callous, uncaring louts.

To hear you complain, you were obviously extremely close to the moron....Whoops! I'm sorry...poor, unsuspecting, child that embodied all our hopes and dreams for the future of humanity.

THIS IS FREEEEKING HILARIOUS!

HA! HA! HA!

Yes. It's someone's son. I'm more concerned with the poor girl. She's probably scarred for life. However....

Any meathead that attempts anything considered "questionable" be it jumping off a building, setting off a can of explosives balanced on one's head, or having their brother jump them with mom's minivan for the sole purpose of...

"Hey, everybody! Lookit meeeeee!"

Not only deserves the painful impact with the sidewalk, shattering of their cranium, or disembowelment and severed spine when mom's minivan lands on their torso.....

.....they also deserve the world's derision and ridicule for their boneheaded choice.

So, I'll save all my horror, all my anguish, and my tears for the people who really need them like families who's kids die in car accidents, or have their husband or wife killed by the Taliban two days before they redeploy, or any other tragic circumstance....that they didn't invite.

As for Mr. Watch Me Stop a Bullet?

ROFLMAO! LOL! har-har, hardy har-har! That's some funny stuff.

Darwin lives, and he's helping God thin the herd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast