• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And now the incorrect way to chk your body armor (u know how it ends)

davidmcbeth

Banned
Teenage girl accused of shooting dead a friend after he asked her to try out his bulletproof vest and she MISSED

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-bulletproof-vest-missed.html#ixzz31kDrpQtK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I would have a hard time in the jury room to stop myself from laughing to pronounce a not guilty verdict.

Idiot asked for it, idiot got it. Darwin's law prevails.

Logan 5

So, you think it's funny that an innocent young man's death is funny? Accidents happen, some people aren't fortunate enough to survive. But to think that this is funny is really sick.

OC Freedom

Hit girl

Hey babe, shoot me with this gun right into to my vest. Everything will be fine, I have seen this done on the movie Kick-@ss.:uhoh:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If the media do not know the difference between a "flak jacket" and a bullet-resistant vest, how are mere ordinary people supposed to know?

And from the description, it seems like our hero did not bother to secure the two halves of the flak jacket, as the bullet struck him in the heart. Bullet-resistant vests are all of one piece in the front just to avoid that possibility.

So, final score? Media = stupid. Girl = stupid. Guy daring her to shoot him = stupid. Guy giving them the flak jacket in the first place = stupid. Yet only 50% of the players win stupid prizes. It just aint fair, I tell ya!

stay safe.

DocWalker

So, you think it's funny that an innocent young man's death is funny? Accidents happen, some people aren't fortunate enough to survive. But to think that this is funny is really sick.

This is sad and in some sick way could be perverted into humor but of this incident it "WASN'T" and accident. It was one fool asking another fool to do something that resulted in his death.

Primus

This is sad and in some sick way could be perverted into humor but of this incident it "WASN'T" and accident. It was one fool asking another fool to do something that resulted in his death.

Nor for nothing but unless he said "kill me" and unless she had intention of killing him (murder) then..... its an accident.

The point was to test the vest and survive. There are plenty of dumb videos like this on the internet. They did it wrong.... accidentally.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

onus

About 7 years ago in Idaho I was with some friends and a guy had a bulletproof vest and a few people took turns wearing it and shooting it with a .22

They asked me if I wanted to try and I said no.

I had confidence in the vest but no confidence in the drunks who were aiming the gun.

I hope this recent case was captured on video. I'm sure it was.

RK3369

somebody said it already...........

They're both being nominated to the list of eligibles for this year's Darwin's Award. In the picture that looked like a S+W SD9 or 40. Wouldn't want to be standing in front of a 22 much less a 9 or 40.

Last edited:

Bernymac

"missing the vest and hitting him in the chest" ...huuuuh, whaaat? Where was the vest placed? Around the face, maybe the groin, the hand??? :eek:

hhofent

"missing the vest and hitting him in the chest" ...huuuuh, whaaat? Where was the vest placed? Around the face, maybe the groin, the hand??? :eek:

my thoughts exactly
this guy wanted her to shoot him in the chest, but he didn't even have his vest completely on. this is a whole new level of stupid

Sent from my SCH-R680 using Tapatalk 2

onus

my thoughts exactly
this guy wanted her to shoot him in the chest, but he didn't even have his vest completely on. this is a whole new level of stupid

How do we know the vest wasn't on properly ? Isnt it possible to just shoot high ? There is a major artery, subclavian artery, just above where the vest would protect.

beebobby

If they had survived that game, they were going to play a round of russian roulette next.

DocWalker

Nor for nothing but unless he said "kill me" and unless she had intention of killing him (murder) then..... its an accident.

The point was to test the vest and survive. There are plenty of dumb videos like this on the internet. They did it wrong.... accidentally.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

We don't even use accident in EMS anymore due to the fact there are no accidents. It all has to do with the lawyers. Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger isn't an accident even if the person asked you to do it.

This would be more like manslaughter than murder, either way it is homicide.

hhofent

How do we know the vest wasn't on properly ? Isnt it possible to just shoot high ? There is a major artery, subclavian artery, just above where the vest would protect.

It's possible I suppose. But going from the article, it pierced his heart. I suppose the vest could have been sagging a bit as well.