Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE FOURTH ANNUAL (more or less) WASHINGTON OPEN CARRY WHATCOM COUNTY PICNIC

THE FOURTH ANNUAL (more or less) WASHINGTON OPEN CARRY WHATCOM COUNTY PICNIC

Come one come all to the Fourth Annual Whatcom County picnic. As usual, it is Bastille Day weekend, 12 JULY 2014. Official start time is ten in the ay emm at the usual location, Bloedel Donovan Park.

Bloedel Donovan Park
    2214 Electric Ave
    Bellingham, WA 98229https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bloedel+Donovan+Park/@48.759496,-122.419039,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf746c42177200a0e
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Ya know, I haven't yet visited Whatcom County. I think I'm going to try to make this. My mother is in town that weekend, so it's perfect timing

Dogs and burgers for your Mom, sounds like fun.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Dogs and burgers for your Mom, sounds like fun.
    No, it's perfect timing because my wife and I can attend this while my mom is in Seattle with my sister's family. This is a plausible excuse to spend less time with her

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    ........my wife and I can attend this while my mom is in Seattle with my sister's family. This is a plausible excuse to spend less time with her
    Yes, the diversionary tactic. Good play, Sir!

Ahh man, I got 3gun that day.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Bump
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Will have to talk to the wife about a road trip that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Will have to talk to the wife about a road trip that weekend.
    +1 We enjoyed your company last year at the Reading of the Fallen.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I will be delighted to make this picnic again! Last time I was able to make it was before my missus turned for the worst and I lost her. My son got the award for traveling the farthest to attend (an OpenCarry mug), which I have since purloined!
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

That is great Rap. Are you up for a "speaking part" at the picnic?

Who will be cooking what?

I will be cooking the "dogs" again this year. I will have both grilled and steamed HDs, in beef, turkey, and the inevitable, chicken.

Condiments, paper goods, burgers, pickles(etc..), trash bags. YadYadayada. You call it and bring it along.

My sincerest Condolences Rob. Look forward to seeing you again.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    I will be delighted to make this picnic again! Last time I was able to make it was before my missus turned for the worst and I lost her. My son got the award for traveling the farthest to attend (an OpenCarry mug), which I have since purloined!
    I'm sorry to hear that, my condolences
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

This weekend

The Fourth Annual Picnic is 12 JULY 2014....starting about ten.
    Bring the family....bring a potluck...there will be hot dogs and burgers and soft drinks of all kind. Sorry folks, no alcohol at this one.

I wish I could come, but I'm on the road. Have a good time everyone.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Dogs allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    We had some trouble with the police and our dogs a couple years ago, I'm not sure what the park rules are - there is a certain time in the morning when dogs are no longer allowed, although we were the only group the police approached about our dogs - other people with dogs around us in the park were left alone.

http://www.cob.org/documents/parks/p...egulations.pdf

Looks like on-leash is good, off-leash is 6am to 10am.
    Dogs are allowed, but must be "on leash" after ten.

That same rule applied when they told us to take our dogs out too.

What can I bring to help out? Anything in particular that tends to be less available than desired?

Quote Originally Posted by ()pen(arry View Post
    What can I bring to help out? Anything in particular that tends to be less available than desired?
    see post #12

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    see post #12
    I'll bring plates, napkins, and trash bags. How many people should I plan for? Do I need to bring food for myself?

I will be cooking about one hundred fifty hot dogs and about 15 pounds of ribs. Sweet Baboo will be doing the potato salad, Boomboy is covering the burgers. Anyone up for ice and soda pop?

I can grab ice how do we need.

I also have paper plates, brats, and the other half making some dessert. We got a case of water too.

Had a great time meeting people. Thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast