• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE FOURTH ANNUAL (more or less) WASHINGTON OPEN CARRY WHATCOM COUNTY PICNIC

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Come one come all to the Fourth Annual Whatcom County picnic. As usual, it is Bastille Day weekend, 12 JULY 2014. Official start time is ten in the ay emm at the usual location, Bloedel Donovan Park.

Bloedel Donovan Park
2214 Electric Ave
Bellingham, WA 98229https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bloedel+Donovan+Park/@48.759496,-122.419039,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf746c42177200a0e

rapgood

I will be delighted to make this picnic again! Last time I was able to make it was before my missus turned for the worst and I lost her. My son got the award for traveling the farthest to attend (an OpenCarry mug), which I have since purloined!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Who will be cooking what?

I will be cooking the "dogs" again this year. I will have both grilled and steamed HDs, in beef, turkey, and the inevitable, chicken.

Condiments, paper goods, burgers, pickles(etc..), trash bags. YadYadayada. You call it and bring it along.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
This weekend

The Fourth Annual Picnic is 12 JULY 2014....starting about ten.
Bring the family....bring a potluck...there will be hot dogs and burgers and soft drinks of all kind. Sorry folks, no alcohol at this one.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We had some trouble with the police and our dogs a couple years ago, I'm not sure what the park rules are - there is a certain time in the morning when dogs are no longer allowed, although we were the only group the police approached about our dogs - other people with dogs around us in the park were left alone.

http://www.cob.org/documents/parks/parks-trails/animal-regulations.pdf

Looks like on-leash is good, off-leash is 6am to 10am.

Dogs are allowed, but must be "on leash" after ten.