• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No squeaky squeakies for you ! Court orders man to have no more kids !

katenka

Dude's got 4 kids and apparently can't afford them, so why let him have more o_O
Butttt we don't know whether he is in full custody of them, or what the whole background story is...

Last edited:

Gallowmere

Hey, he does not have these kids spontaneously, right?

That's very true, but when a guy has dropped that many seeds that he can't (or won't) afford to take care of, it shows a bit of a pattern. Granted, a court order against procreation is just absurd on it's face, but just as we can all agree that there are some people who should never be allowed to possess firearms, I am sure that we can agree that some people shouldn't be responsible for the care of children (either physically or fiscally) either. Now, given that we don't know the entire story here, I find it rather difficult to lean in either direction. Again, the ruling is absurd, but something tells me that there's more to it.

Freedom1Man

That's very true, but when a guy has dropped that many seeds that he can't (or won't) afford to take care of, it shows a bit of a pattern. Granted, a court order against procreation is just absurd on it's face, but just as we can all agree that there are some people who should never be allowed to possess firearms, I am sure that we can agree that some people shouldn't be responsible for the care of children (either physically or fiscally) either. Now, given that we don't know the entire story here, I find it rather difficult to lean in either direction. Again, the ruling is absurd, but something tells me that there's more to it.

Child support is absurd on it's face.

She can have an abortion, choose to never notify you of pregnant status, deny visitation, etc and you're the one stuck paying the bill when she was just as active in the reproductive process as he was?

davidmcbeth

Banned

I don't know if I would agree that some people should not legally be allowed to possess guns. Sure, some are idiots who I would not trust with a gun ... but they can still own them. Like anything else. How many people have caused issues with saws?

Gallowmere

Child support is absurd on it's face.

She can have an abortion, choose to never notify you of pregnant status, deny visitation, etc and you're the one stuck paying the bill when she was just as active in the reproductive process as he was?

I do agree with you 100% there. "What's good for the goose" and all of that.

I don't know if I would agree that some people should not legally be allowed to possess guns. Sure, some are idiots who I would not trust with a gun ... but they can still own them. Like anything else. How many people have caused issues with saws?

On the gun ownership: I am talking specifically about people who have proven that they have malicious intent toward other humans, even when unprovoked. You know, those people we carry guns to defend ourselves against. ;) I may, or may not be talking about people on both sides of the law enforcement system here as well. /whistle

davidmcbeth

Banned
On the gun ownership: I am talking specifically about people who have proven that they have malicious intent toward other humans, even when unprovoked. You know, those people we carry guns to defend ourselves against. ;) I may, or may not be talking about people on both sides of the law enforcement system here as well. /whistle

These "dangerous" people in prison or are freemen? If free, they are free to own.

Dangerous people (those who injured others w/o cause) should be in prison. If they served their time and are let go then I would say that they have "paid their debt" and can go onto resuming a normal life that would include owning guns.

Gallowmere

Dangerous people (those who injured others w/o cause) should be in prison. If they served their time and are let go then I would say that they have "paid their debt" and can go onto resuming a normal life that would include owning guns.

Should, is the operative word in your first sentence. Refer to the end of my previous post if an example is needed. Something about sky colored lines.

Freedom1Man

These "dangerous" people in prison or are freemen? If free, they are free to own.

Instead they get elected and claim to represent you and I.