Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How long till CHL submitted docs post?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2

    How long till CHL submitted docs post?

    I submitted docs (fingerprints, training, etc) electronically on April 17 2014 and I still have not heard anything. How long does it take? Also, should they send me an email when they do post?
    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Regular Member TexasOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    43
    It takes a long time. It was about three months for me, and I've heard of people who waited even longer. Furthermore, the online status check is useless... it will not show anything until your license is in the mail. You'll just have to be patient. It would seem that the state of Texas only employs one person to process CHL applications.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasOC View Post
    It takes a long time. It was about three months for me, and I've heard of people who waited even longer. Furthermore, the online status check is useless... it will not show anything until your license is in the mail. You'll just have to be patient. It would seem that the state of Texas only employs one person to process CHL applications.
    When did you get your license? I got mine in 2011, it took about 3 months for me. But that is entirely because there are issues with my record from a false arrest when I was 18. Other people were reporting a 3-4 week turn around on theirs at the time.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TexasOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    When did you get your license? I got mine in 2011, it took about 3 months for me. But that is entirely because there are issues with my record from a false arrest when I was 18. Other people were reporting a 3-4 week turn around on theirs at the time.
    Got mine last year. From what I read at the time, 3 months is about average. I've lived many places, though, which may have lengthened the background check process in my case.

    Check out the "waiting room" at http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewforum.php?f=42

    The annoying thing is that you never know that you're accepted, rejected, or even if they received your paperwork until your license shows up in the mail.

  5. #5
    Regular Member RU serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasare View Post
    I submitted docs (fingerprints, training, etc) electronically on April 17 2014 and I still have not heard anything. How long does it take? Also, should they send me an email when they do post?
    Thanks!
    My initial submitted 12/08 took 106 days from receipt of docs to plastic in hand. My renewal took less than 30 days IIRC.
    TxDOT is notorious for not giving progress updates on the site. I tell people you can have updates or they can process apps., but not both. Of course I have no idea what is actually going on in Austin.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    2
    Recieved mine yesterday, from the time of submitting my docs it was 2 months and a week. There was never and update and also no contact whatsoever. Good luck! And God bless TX!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mansfield, Texas
    Posts
    1
    I took my class at DFW shooters academy on May 31, submitted paperwork and it was received on June 6th. I got my license on Monday, July 7th. Pretty fast IMO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •