• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long till CHL submitted docs post?

ceasare

I submitted docs (fingerprints, training, etc) electronically on April 17 2014 and I still have not heard anything. How long does it take? Also, should they send me an email when they do post?
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

TexasOC

It takes a long time. It was about three months for me, and I've heard of people who waited even longer. Furthermore, the online status check is useless... it will not show anything until your license is in the mail. You'll just have to be patient. It would seem that the state of Texas only employs one person to process CHL applications. :banghead:

Jack House

It takes a long time. It was about three months for me, and I've heard of people who waited even longer. Furthermore, the online status check is useless... it will not show anything until your license is in the mail. You'll just have to be patient. It would seem that the state of Texas only employs one person to process CHL applications. :banghead:

When did you get your license? I got mine in 2011, it took about 3 months for me. But that is entirely because there are issues with my record from a false arrest when I was 18. Other people were reporting a 3-4 week turn around on theirs at the time.

TexasOC

When did you get your license? I got mine in 2011, it took about 3 months for me. But that is entirely because there are issues with my record from a false arrest when I was 18. Other people were reporting a 3-4 week turn around on theirs at the time.
Got mine last year. From what I read at the time, 3 months is about average. I've lived many places, though, which may have lengthened the background check process in my case.

Check out the "waiting room" at http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewforum.php?f=42

The annoying thing is that you never know that you're accepted, rejected, or even if they received your paperwork until your license shows up in the mail.

RU serious

I submitted docs (fingerprints, training, etc) electronically on April 17 2014 and I still have not heard anything. How long does it take? Also, should they send me an email when they do post?
Thanks!

My initial submitted 12/08 took 106 days from receipt of docs to plastic in hand. My renewal took less than 30 days IIRC.
TxDOT is notorious for not giving progress updates on the site. I tell people you can have updates or they can process apps., but not both. Of course I have no idea what is actually going on in Austin. ;)

ceasare

Recieved mine yesterday, from the time of submitting my docs it was 2 months and a week. There was never and update and also no contact whatsoever. Good luck! And God bless TX!