Thread: Tired of agencies not complying with the FOIA Act? File a criminal complaint

Banned

Tired of agencies not complying with the FOIA Act? File a criminal complaint

I have filed 4 criminal complaints under CGS Sec. 1-240(b)'s provisions.

Filed with SA office of the "defendants".

2 of the 4 are being moved forward with ~ the other 2 I am still awaiting a reply.

I have had some agencies where I obtained an order to produce and they still have not, months after the orders were given and attempts to get the records requested resulted in a laugh from the agencies.

And I have have some agencies simply not respond to FOIA requests although in previous cases they were ordered
    to strictly comply with the Act.

If anyone wishes more detailed information about how to go about filing such complaints, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I have filed 4 criminal complaints under CGS Sec. 1-240(b)'s provisions.

Filed with SA office of the "defendants".

2 of the 4 are being moved forward with ~ the other 2 I am still awaiting a reply.

I have had some agencies where I obtained an order to produce and they still have not, months after the orders were given and attempts to get the records requested resulted in a laugh from the agencies.

And I have have some agencies simply not respond to FOIA requests although in previous cases they were ordered
    to strictly comply with the Act.

If anyone wishes more detailed information about how to go about filing such complaints, PM me.

Hmmm. And the state continues to do the same thing with FOI requests for information related to 12/14/2012. Hmmmmm. The President Barack Obama said this about people with things to hide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhFB7-w2MY8