Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Breakfast Tour May 24th

Post Breakfast Tour May 24th

For anyone who hasn't followed the "special breakfast" thread in the events section, it appears we will have a visitor join us for breakfast this coming Saturday, HPmatt from Texas will be passing through the area. We have decided to take a semi-guided, semi-historic tour of Richmond following breakfast. Skidmark has arranged use of a 15 passenger van and has already called "shotgun", I have called the other seat up front because, unlike certain people I'm apparently not allowed to name, I've been professionally trained to operate vehicles with that many seats (for the benefit of Liberty or Death, that's another of our 'in-jokes' here).
    Grapeshot has indicated he wouldn't want to miss this so, at this moment, we have 4 people. There are seats available but I'm not moderating who gets one or not, I suggest talking to skidmark about that or just show up at River City Diner on Saturday

Until we get 9 more abso-posi-lutely confirmed reservations, it's going to be a "show up and take an available seat."

Once we get 9 additional confirmed participants we will proceed to take on additional riders based on:
    1) who gets to have Grapeshot sit on their lap
    2) arbitrary shuffling on, off, or under the bus as influenced by bribes and/or cuteness factor

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If we were to get more people who want to participate than the bus will hold, I will give up my seat and drive the grapemobile - acting as mobile security with my dash cam
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Have just been reminded that I need to finish up on this no later than about 4:00 pm as my grand daughter is a finalist in voice/singing competition at the November Theater - so will likely drive the white steed in pursuit.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Have just been reminded that I need to finish up on this no later than about 4:00 pm as my grand daughter is a finalist in voice/singing competition at the November Theater - so will likely drive the white steed in pursuit.
    You do remember what happened when a bunch of folks went for a 3-hour tour don't you little buddy?

11 AM very late start should still get you to the church theater on time.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    I can totally see Skid and Grape as Skipper and Gilligan.

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    I can totally see Skid and Grape as Skipper and Gilligan.

μολών λαβέ
    Frick & Frack

Lissen up, youze guys!

It's time to stop playing around, stop making inside or outside jokes, and putting your butts where the seats are.

We have 15 (or is it 16? never could remember how they count the driver) seats and so far only 4 of them are spoken for: The Guest of Honor, Scouser, Grapeshot and me.

Where are the other 9 riders?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

DoubleTap will be at the breakfast to show our guest that the ladies carry too in the Old Dominion

DoubleTap will be at the breakfast to show our guest that the ladies carry too in the Old Dominion
    But will she be going on the tour?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's time to stop playing around, stop making inside or outside jokes, and putting your butts where the seats are.

We have 15 (or is it 16? never could remember how they count the driver) seats and so far only 4 of them are spoken for: The Guest of Honor, Scouser, Grapeshot and me.

Where are the other 9 riders?

stay safe.
    I would like nothing better than to have a tour of the deep south narrated by a tour guide with a British accent, but I am scheduled for a 12 hour shift. Breakfast will be about all I can be there for. I do need some sleep.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Regrets. Wifey and I have already committed to spending the Memorial Day weekend out of town, visiting some friends and doing some shooting...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But will she be going on the tour?

stay safe.
    Unfortunately not - prior commitment.

Who is narrating and where are we going? My husband can tell you I know a huge amount of stuff about nothing. Mostly Hollywood Cemetery. And parts of Richmond. : )

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    Who is narrating and where are we going? My husband can tell you I know a huge amount of stuff about nothing. Mostly Hollywood Cemetery. And parts of Richmond. : )
    Our designated driver (w/proper license) is Scouser who has done this professionally.

Route is adaptable, but will include Monument Avenue, GAB and Capitol and other historic points of interest. Wishing to show support and for our brother from Texas and have a couple of hours of fun ourselves.

Claim a seat while they are available - bring a friend.

Will be able to make the breakfast, and am working on the tour, will have a house full of guests and can't stay out too long, what time should we be getting back?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kennys View Post
    Will be able to make the breakfast, and am working on the tour, will have a house full of guests and can't stay out too long, what time should we be getting back?
    Right now I'm figuring 9:30 - 10:15 (45 min for breakfast) and then trying to figure out how long Scouser can run us around town before he runs out of history. So far the route/stops look like Second Place Trophies to Hollywood Cemetary/The Pyramid, to Capitol Square where we get out to OC in the Capitol and take pictures in front of Washington and Byrd, then to Chimbarazo Hill (with maybe a stop in front of Proper Pie?), then swinging past the haunted train tunnel before we take a swing out to Fountain Lake/Swan Lake.

If your life insurance is paid up we could discuss stopping at City Hall to see who gets sucked out the windows of the Observation Deck. Grapeshot & I will provide diversion at the guard desk so the rest of you can go up without signing in.

HTmatt needs to let us know of anything special he wants to see/do besides OC at the Capitol. Anybody wanting to suggest other stops/drive-bys needs to speak up now so Scouser can figure out how to do this on one tank of gas.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by kennys View Post

By best guess is that we will be finished up by 4:00 pm or before. I have to hit the road by 4:00 myself. Think our guest does also.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-19-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added

Let me see what I can do, but at minimum I will make it for the breakfast.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    I'm thinking my wife and I would like to attend, but would be more comfortable in our own vehicle, also giving us the freedom to wander off if the mood struck us.

μολών λαβέ
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by ClumsyCandy View Post
    If you want to talk about Hollywood Cemetery that would be great. That's somewhere I'm a little rusty on

Between here and the thread about the breakfast itself we have four (4) confirmed, five (5) absolutely positive maybes, plus two that are afraid to be trapped for any length of time with Grapeshot.

That leaves six (6) seats that are posilutely/absatively available.

Maybe if I tape a box of .22LR under one of the seats some other folks will sign up for the chance of sitting in that seat?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

I have family (mom/grandmother) coming down from CT where Gov Malloy is a huge anti gunner.. They've both been to rallies on the pro stance side.. I will see if they are interested. We'd be using our own vehicle though.

Quote Originally Posted by katenka View Post
    I have family (mom/grandmother) coming down from CT where Gov Malloy is a huge anti gunner.. They've both been to rallies on the pro stance side.. I will see if they are interested. We'd be using our own vehicle though.

Could have a convoy - still need to fill up der seats on der bus though - it is only there that you will hear the running commentary.

Could have a convoy - still need to fill up der seats on der bus though - it is only there that you will hear the running commentary.
    Could Use FRS (Family Radio Service) Units to communicate between vehicles.
    Last edited by Wolf_shadow; 05-20-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast