Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raising funds: appealing to SCOTUS

raising funds: appealing to SCOTUS

Grapeshot told me to set up a separate thread for this, so here it is.

As (partially correctly) reported by the Milwaukee (WI) Journal Sentinal newspaper, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals has sided with police in a very bad 4A decision, against me.
    We're appealing to SCOTUS.
    That's expensive & I'm poor, so I'm asking for help.
    As an example, my lawyer says that just printing the things that need to be filed could easily be "a couple thousand dollars".

You could choose to send something directly to my lawyer, marked as being for my case:
    John Monroe
    9640 Coleman Rd.
    Roswell, GA

I'm not going to post my address, but it's easy enough to find if you'd prefer to send something here.

Button is active now!

If you can't afford to help, please spread this info (& the PayPal URL) to people who might be able to.

One of the larger parts of the expense involved will be printing the things to file. They have to be on special paper, and there have to be many copies submitted. If there's a printing company that would do this at cost, or as a donation, that would be a huge help. Contact John for the particulars.

If anyone can connect me with someone at SAF, GOA, JPFO, NRA, or even ACLU who handles their support of court cases, deciding which ones they join & help, I would appreciate those leads.

Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Background
    In March 2011 I got some very bad news just before walking into a doctor's appointment.
    I was upset. I talked with the doctor about it. She wanted me to "voluntarily" spend the night on the psych ward. I wasn't going to do that. I left. She called police. (So much for being voluntary.)
    Somewhere along the line, either she or the police came up with the idea that I had threatened to shoot myself. (I hadn't.)

The police came to my home 9 hours later, 4 hours after my doctor knew I was OK & her judgment had been wrong, broke open the door, tackled me, searched the house, stole one of my pistols & several of my ccl's from a locked case, handcuffed me, & hauled me away to be "evaluated". (Never mind that my own doctor had already done that.)

This is a 2A case because the reason the local PD pursued me so fanatically is that they know (and don't like) that I carry. When they attacked me, tackled me to the floor in my living room, their questions were, "how many guns are in the house?!", and "where are the guns?!".
    Also, I've already won several court cases for their wrongful acts against me. They don't like that either.

Under the pretext of searching for "lurking confederates", they broke into a locked case, which was in an opaque gym bag, which was in a room away from where they'd attacked me, and stole not only the pistol but also several of my ccl's from various states and a non-working BB pistol.
    They claimed this was for my own protection... but they didn't remove any other means I could have used to harm myself.

The court said that search & seizure was illegal, but gave them a pass because the cops claimed they didn't know it was wrong.
    That needs to be reversed.
    We also need to re-establish that "exigent circumstances" does not include them forcing their way into someone's home hours after someone has made an unsubstantiated allegation.
    They need to be held accountable for not using the resources available to them, preferring to employ brute force.

And it'd be nice if in the future, anyone thinking about taking such drastic action (breaking into a home, kidnapping the owner, etc.) would have to have not only some proof of their intended victim having made dangerous statements or done dangerous actions (not just someone's word), but also a warrant.
    The court objects to police being required to get a warrant to do what they did to me, because supposedly there isn't a warrant type that would cover it.

Not my problem. The Constitution says police need a warrant.

Funds sent. Give them hell!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Can you provide a link to the lower court and appeals court decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Can you provide a link to the lower court and appeals court decisions?
    In the United States Court of Appeals
    For the Seventh Circuit No. 12-2272

KRYSTA S UTTERFIELD, Plaintiff-Appellant,
    v.
    CITY OF MILWAUKEE , et al., Defendants-Appellees.

Appeal from the United States District Court for the
    Eastern District of Wisconsin.
    No. 11-C-0486 — J. P. Stadtmueller, Judge.
    ARGUED OCTOBER 25, 2012 — DECIDED MAY 9, 2014

http://media.ca7.uscourts.gov/cgi-bi...:N:1342808:S:0

I believe that the court of original jurisdiction is PACER The caption is
    Sutterfield v. City of Milwaukee, 870 F. Supp. 2d 633 (E.D. Wis. 2012)

Krysta Sutterfield v. City of Milwaukee, April 30, 2012

KRYSTA SUTTERFIELD, PLAINTIFF,
    v.
    CITY OF MILWAUKEE, JAMIE HEWITT, AARON BERKEN, JAMES FLORIANI, BRANDON BARANOWSKI, RUSSELL HUCK, AND ALAN CARSKY,
    DEFENDANTS.

Order, Background and a half dozen paragraphs of Discussion then PAYWALLED
    http://wi.findacase.com/research/wfr...374.EWI.htm/qx
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-18-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    MKEgal - I can create a PayPal donate button, but I need an email address to which the funds will be directed. Either your attorney's or yours - neither will be publicly available, just needed to set up PayPal.

SCOTUS is not an easy trip, but no rose garden was promised when you woke up that morning either. To smell the sweet blooms, we must first get down close to the ground, get our hands dirty, pull the weeds, cultivate and feed....then maybe, just maybe we shall be rewarded with the fruits of our labors. Don't try, give up and your life will be as barren as if the very earth had been salted.

Thank you for your courage, persistence and fortitude. I stand ready to help anyway that I can.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    I can create a PayPal donate button, but I need an email address to which the funds will be directed. Either your attorney's or yours - neither will be publicly available, just needed to set up PayPal.
    Sent you a PM, also included it in post #1, and it shows up on the PP donation page when you click that link.

SCOTUS is not an easy trip
    I know, and I'm just along for the ride. But if we didn't try, I'd feel even worse than if we try & fail. And John isn't given to chasing wild geese.

Thank you for your courage, persistence and fortitude. I stand ready to help anyway that I can.
    I guess that's a polite way to say "really mad & fed up & stubborn".
    For now, getting the word out and money in is what's needed. Everything has to be filed with SCOTUS 3 months from the 7th C decision, so we're on a tight schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Sent you a PM, also included it in post #1, and it shows up on the PP donation page when you click that link.
    --snipped--
    The link works fine, but a button is needed - see PM.

PayPal button is active now!
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-20-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

I hope you also sued that dang doctor to!! Settlement from that would help pay for SCOTUS.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Bring action against the doctor, I agree.

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 905 Evidence - Privileges, Subsection 905.04 ... Physician

Long and with lots of case law annotated.
    905.04 Physician−patient, registered nurse−patient, chiropractor−patient, psychologist−patient, social worker−patient, marriage and family therapist−patient, podiatrist−patient and professional counselor−patient privilege.
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/doc...utes/ch.%20905

For instance

The psychotherapist-patient privilege does not automatically or absolutely foreclose the introduction of a therapeutic communication. When a therapist had reasonable cause to believe a patient was dangerous and that contacting police would prevent harm and facilitate the patient's hospitalization, the patient's statements fell within a dangerous patient exception to the privilege. State v. Agacki, 226 Wis. 2d 349, 595 N.W.2d 31 (Ct. App. 1999), 97-3463.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-18-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Thank you for moving out and drawing fire!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Hey Grapeshot... I thought you said he was up in smoke??

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas
    I hope you also sued that dang doctor to!!
    Settlement from that would help pay for SCOTUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe
    Bring action against the doctor, I agree.
    Since she's caused an awful lot of trouble, severly damaged my reuptation, and has refused to give any statement under oath, that is an option.
    Hearing what she said to the 911 calltaker, it wasn't factual, but it wasn't anything like the sensationalist "blow my brains out" phrase that reporter likes to use. She was very vague & clinical.
    I'd like to know where that hyped-up phrase came from.
    Maybe the PD is lying again?

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    I hope you also sued that dang doctor to!! Settlement from that would help pay for SCOTUS.
    +1000

Since she's caused an awful lot of trouble, severly damaged my reuptation, and has refused to give any statement under oath, that is an option.
    Hearing what she said to the 911 calltaker, it wasn't factual, but it wasn't anything like the sensationalist "blow my brains out" phrase that reporter likes to use. She was very vague & clinical.
    I'd like to know where that hyped-up phrase came from.
    Maybe the PD is lying again?
    please see my posts 10 and 27 in the other Wisconsin thread regarding this subject.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-18-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

G00gle Alert on "Krysta Sutterfield" works well.
    http://www.google.com/alerts

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    please see my posts 10 and 27 in the other Wisconsin thread regarding this subject.

ipse
    "Other" thread? How about a link, or how about you re-state what you said?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    "Other" thread? How about a link, or how about you re-state what you said?
    I believe Ms Sutterfield should file suit against her Dr. for APA ethic & possibly state regulatory violation(s). if her Dr. felt that strongly about Ms Sutterfield's suicide ideation to do self harm, that they called 911, ethically/regulatory wise , the Dr should not have let her depart from the Dr's care until relieved by competent medical authority. Further, no where can i discern if Ms Sutterfield was appropately evaluated by her Dr. regarding the viability of her statement(s) to do self harm? Does anybody know if Ms Sutterfield was actually placed on a three day psy hold by her Dr. or what specifically precipitated her loss of her firearm? mental health professionals have a duty to inform which stems from an incident in CA many years back. ipse
    I'm sorry there are established protocols mandated and used throughout this nation, which mental health professionals use to validate a client's claim of self harm. additionally, if the mental health professional determines the client's claim is viable, then they have a duty to protect the client by not let the client toddle out the door into the cruel world. for example, your client professes suicide ideation, you discuss the situation with them, determining viability, if in their professional opinion there is a real opportunity for self harm or harm to another, then the professional and the client arrange for medical/LE intervention together.

this methodology precludes the out of the blue arrival of police, medical, which will exacerbate the mental status of the client possibly causing an irreversible rift in the mental health professional and client relationship.

bottom line, a singular statement of self harm by the client will not precipitate, in a competent mental health professional who knows their client's history to let the client depart their immediate care, and then the professional call 911 to intervene again which could cause further mental anxiety.

finally, you would not believe the statement(s) made by departing clients as they are leaving their sessions...needlessly mental health professionals are appropriately trained to deal with these type of situations.

a review of WI 51.15, and review of information on page two, IMO i would have difficulty believing she met the criteria of this statute, which is why i suggested consulting an attorney. ipse

nightmare, your kind assistance is gratefully appreciated...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

nightmare, your kind assistance is gratefully appreciated...ipse
    Just don't miss my post #11 in this thread, and #7 in that other one. The MD psychiatrist physician is protected. You'll notice that the victim has backed off accusing and arguably defaming the professional.

Everyone is having trouble getting a PayPal button to work properly, become active.

In the meanwhile, click on this > PayPal donate link which will take you to the correct PayPal donation page for MKEgal legal

Or email to MKEgal.legal AT yahoo.com

You could choose to send something directly to her attorney, marked as being for her case:
    John Monroe
    9640 Coleman Rd.
    Roswell, GA
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-19-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot
    Everyone is having trouble getting a PayPal button to work properly, become active.
    Thanks to Ed, we now have a functional button. It's not really a button, but it works just fine. Once he thought of how to do it, it was simple. (Let's hear it for lateral thinking.)

Last edited by ed; 05-20-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Wowwie!!!

Watch your mail box,,, the snail mail one...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

PayPal button broken

Thanks to Ed, we now have a functional button. It's not really a button, but it works just fine. Once he thought of how to do it, it was simple. (Let's hear it for lateral thinking.)

The button does not work, is inactive - clicking on it gets the error message "Sorry — your last action could not be completed"

The same problem as before

Again, until otherwise noted use PayPal donate link
    to make the connection/donate.

Is there a PayPal expert out there that can help with this?

Donate button is now active.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-20-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast