Thread: Another city bites the dust, this time in Mid-Missouri, lake ozark

Accomplished Advocate

Another city bites the dust, this time in Mid-Missouri, lake ozark

Lake Ozark is the next to ban open carry:

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2014...arm-ordinance/

Don't have time to run out there and raise hell at the meeting myself, someone else will have to do it.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post

Don't have time to run out there and raise hell at the meeting myself, someone else will have to do it.
    If (hopefully when) SB 656 becomes law how will it affect this?

Accomplished Advocate
    What I really like most is the fear mongering of the chap of polo-ice as he says all kinds of BS, including the wrong information regarding the DOR but it only takes seconds to note, during the entire article not ONE, never, zero etcetcetc problems beyond his own cowardice that this law will resolve.

He did not cite a single case of the law being broken, anyone being threatened, any negligent discharges nothing, nada, kaput!

Freakin coward wants to try and be sure he is the only one with a gun... this is some really telling information regarding the character of the coward running the show.

BTW, I am done with the political BS in this state and I don't care if the worthless scumbags involved do read these boards, I am not holding back to be politically correct anymore, several years of that have netted a whole pile of nada so F-them.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Exactly. Those who love power often live in fear. In their positions for the wrong reasons. We need more good police, and they would be on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post

Several quotes in that article is exactly why we have growing distrust of police. I would like to see the info on these "several complaints" about "ordinary civilians" carrying guns. I bet it is less than 10 per year and all of those coming from two or three people with an agenda.

Isn't DoR out of the endorsement game? Why inform Dor?

...the second ordinance would make it illegal for permitted firearms owners to openly carry their weapons inside the city of Lake Ozark “in any indoor or outdoor area, whether publicly or privately owned, in which the public has access by right or by invitation, express or implied…”
    Private property owners need to speak out against this.

“But people need to understand, it’s not that I’m against the second amendment. I fully support the people’s right to bear arms. It’s just that we have a lot more events in this city than in most others, and when people see regular civilians walking around a festival crowd with a gun strapped to their side, they naturally get a little nervous.”
    No, chief, you do not support the 2A. If you supported the 2A you would address law breakers when they break the law, not ask for more laws to infringe upon a citizen's 2A.

Dictating to private property owners who they may, or may not, permit to enter upon their property? Chief, you need to move to NYC, their guns laws are more in line with your views of the citizenry and the 2A. You will fit quite nicely in NYC.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare