• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another city bites the dust, this time in Mid-Missouri, lake ozark

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
What I really like most is the fear mongering of the chap of polo-ice as he says all kinds of BS, including the wrong information regarding the DOR but it only takes seconds to note, during the entire article not ONE, never, zero etcetcetc problems beyond his own cowardice that this law will resolve.

He did not cite a single case of the law being broken, anyone being threatened, any negligent discharges nothing, nada, kaput!

Freakin coward wants to try and be sure he is the only one with a gun... this is some really telling information regarding the character of the coward running the show.

BTW, I am done with the political BS in this state and I don't care if the worthless scumbags involved do read these boards, I am not holding back to be politically correct anymore, several years of that have netted a whole pile of nada so F-them.

HP995

Exactly. Those who love power often live in fear. In their positions for the wrong reasons. We need more good police, and they would be on our side.

dogsandhogs

Lake Ozark is the next to ban open carry:

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2014/may/18/lake-ozark-tightens-firearm-ordinance/

Don't have time to run out there and raise hell at the meeting myself, someone else will have to do it.

Several quotes in that article is exactly why we have growing distrust of police. I would like to see the info on these "several complaints" about "ordinary civilians" carrying guns. I bet it is less than 10 per year and all of those coming from two or three people with an agenda.

OC for ME

Isn't DoR out of the endorsement game? Why inform Dor?

...the second ordinance would make it illegal for permitted firearms owners to openly carry their weapons inside the city of Lake Ozark “in any indoor or outdoor area, whether publicly or privately owned, in which the public has access by right or by invitation, express or implied…”
Private property owners need to speak out against this.

“But people need to understand, it’s not that I’m against the second amendment. I fully support the people’s right to bear arms. It’s just that we have a lot more events in this city than in most others, and when people see regular civilians walking around a festival crowd with a gun strapped to their side, they naturally get a little nervous.”
No, chief, you do not support the 2A. If you supported the 2A you would address law breakers when they break the law, not ask for more laws to infringe upon a citizen's 2A.

Dictating to private property owners who they may, or may not, permit to enter upon their property? Chief, you need to move to NYC, their guns laws are more in line with your views of the citizenry and the 2A. You will fit quite nicely in NYC.