• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A warning about Sales and Marketing at Trijicon

GHF

I purchased a set of night sights for my Beretta 9000s in April 2009. I had them installed by a reputable gunsmith who is a Trijicon dealer.

As to how the sights worked, I have nothing but praise. My accuracy improved, especially after I had a Hogue Handall grip installed. When the front sight went dark, the sights were fixed per warranty with no issues.

The problem was that the sights - especially the front - would just fly off. The reason turned out to be that the model indicated on the web sites did not fit the slide tightly, and glue was used to attach the sights. This was not made clear on the web site when purchased.

Eventually, the front and rear sights got lost completely, and I had to purchase a new gun, a Beretta PX4 Compact. Looking to get Trijicon sights for this weapon, I again went to the Trijicon website, and saw that sights were available for this model. Being cautious, I contacted Beretta, and Beretta indicated that it did not matter what the Trijicon web site said, there were no Trijicon sights that would fit correctly the PX4 Compact. Beretta indicated that the necessary technical information had been provided, but Trijicon had not notified them that sights were available that would fit correctly.

I want to make it clear that this is not a technical issue - I repeat I want to buy sights that fit for my PX4 Compact, but this is a sales and marketing fiasco. I contacted via the Trijicon website with my concerns about the erroneous information two weeks ago, but the response silence has been deafening.

GHF

Beretta Factory Night Sights

Where can you find them? I assume that if I call Beretta to find out if the Trijicons fit, they would offer the factory ones.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Trijicon produces night sights and also acts as an original equipment manufacturer (O.E.M.) by performing tritium lamp installations for many other sight companies and firearms manufacturers. All sighting systems that contain Trijicon brand tritium lamps are clearly marked with the “Trijicon®" brand. Other markings include a two digit date code, which reflects the year of manufacture, and the periodic symbol for tritium, “H3”.
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_BNTNS.php

Kopis

what is this post about anyway? Are you trying to bash trijicon because you put the wrong sights on your pistol and they fell off? I love your adjectives like "especially the front - would just fly off". They really enhance the story. So the sights sprouted wings and flew off the gun at random? oh and the fact your gunsmith used glue to put them on.... should've been your first clue.

Basically, you dont have a high volume gun so trijicon may not ever make sights for it or they may have a backdoor deal with beretta to make their factory night sights for them and not make aftermarket ones available.

Trijicon is a company that wants to make money. Someone at trijicon has run an ROI on the total number of PX4s produced compared the average number of gun owners that purchase aftermarket night sights against Trijicons cost to tool up and dedicate production lines to this particular product. If the ROI isnt a certain % in black, trijicon wont make them.

GHF

The Core of My Complaint

Kopas

what is this post about anyway? Are you trying to bash trijicon because you put the wrong sights on your pistol and they fell off? I love your adjectives like "especially the front - would just fly off". They really enhance the story. So the sights sprouted wings and flew off the gun at random? oh and the fact your gunsmith used glue to put them on.... should've been your first clue.

I figured this out after the fact. That is why I contacted Beretta to confirm if they fit, without glue, on the PX4 Compact, and they indicated that Trijicon had the specs, but had not notified Beretta that they met the specs for no glue installation. The Trijicon web site postings do not indicate that glue needs to be used on the PX4 Compact, only that it fits.

My complaint is that the sales and marketing people are not stating the facts regarding installation - how do you say "Lack of Full Disclosure in Advertising". When/if they do have sights that can be installed without glue, I will get a set and have them installed.

The non-mention of gluing is my issue.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The 9000s is a daytime gun, when its sunny - hence the "s" ...

you need the 9000n or 9000d for when its night or dark - I think that they are the exact same design, just marketing dept. drinking too much coffee.