• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MDA takes Chipotle away

madrevar

Mothers Demand Action (led by Shannon Watts) bullied Chipotle into requesting that their customers not carry in their restaurants after a Dallas group posted pictures of themselves openly carrying rifles at the establishment. She made a statement likening openly carrying to singing loudly while breast feeding (what?!) Yeah...So, I still have some hope as Chipotle has not yet announced any decision to ban guns or post and their first statement was that they would simply follow the laws of whatever state each restaurant was in. Myself and others I know are sending emails to let them know how the gun community feels about their decision. I will include the link for you to do the same. Maybe my optimism is out of place, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?!
http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/talk_to_us/talk_to_us.aspx (click the "email us" tab and the select "general comments and questions")

Gallowmere

I already sent an email, as noted in the Chipotle thread in the VA forum. I have a feeling that Grapeshot will soon pull some thread merge voodoo, so I won't repost it here.

GhostOfJefferson

Another yuppie business I don't patronize, no big loss for me.

Be that as it may, big businesses loudly taking sides in this are a detriment to yours and my rights in an overall sense, since it emboldens leftist shrill "mothers" groups to push harder and in more places.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Be that as it may, big businesses loudly taking sides in this are a detriment to yours and my rights in an overall sense, since it emboldens leftist shrill "mothers" groups to push harder and in more places.

Our rights are to make a choice where we do business, outside that it ends at the property doors. Government cannot make rules that only wear white shirts in federal buildings. Private business can make those rules, we either accept them or not. The way to stop this nonsense is stop doing business with yuppie, liberal, progressive business. AND then giving them free attention and publicity when the do what yuppies do.

Just turn your back on them, and most important find a business that respects you as a person, in so respecting your rights. I can never understand why anybody would find these overpriced, lousy food, yuppie holes so enticing. Unless the person buys into media hype(advertising) or is actually a yuppie.

As far as the handling of long guns, education of the LG OC is what we should be doing. NOT pointing fingers helping MDA with their cause. Again I stress a over the top rabid anti fear is the object, not how it is carried. And that is proven by their own remarks, in non of their news reports, non of their press releases, not even in their uncensored comments do they mention it. It is only gun owners who do, and they do it regularly, it baffles me.

Fight the MDA by commenting on their fears of being shot by a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN ARMED, is just hyperbole, and not founded in fact. These are yuppies programmed by the media and the government to believe that guns make otherwise normal people, bad people. It is insane, the kind of insanity that makes these liberals shoot up schools, and places of business. This is proven fact that we should be pointing out to them, that it is their own kind they should be afraid of.

ETA we embolden MDA by giving more credit than they deserve.

Last edited:

GhostOfJefferson

I'm aware of property rights and agree. My point was that emboldening shrill groups is not a strategy for overall more liberty in society, in contrast to what I saw as an apolitical shrug and an "Doesn't affect me, I don't care" statement. If I misread your statement in tone or intent, then apologies.

WalkingWolf

I'm aware of property rights and agree. My point was that emboldening shrill groups is not a strategy for overall more liberty in society, in contrast to what I saw as an apolitical shrug and an "Doesn't affect me, I don't care" statement. If I misread your statement in tone or intent, then apologies.

From an open carry state I can assure you that most business go out of their way to make LAC feel welcome. These yuppie businesses are but pimple on the arse. We have the arse, they have pimple, so pimples are irratating they happen, live with them. Overall we are making strides with the public, and that is where it counts.

mikeyb

OT w/ regards to Chipotle, but on topic with MDA (or as I call them: Moms Demand Silence!)...

The Gohmert Amendment (which died), which was to allow soldiers to carry on base, was opposed by MDA. My question to the MDA-WA (the only one I wasn't blocked from) was "If MDA is only for LEO and Military (trained personnel) having guns, why are you opposing the carry of military personnel?"

No response, as expected, except to block me.

This is what happens to a country that puts more emphasis and money in sports and entertainment than education. :banghead::cuss: