• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm going to miss chipotle.

FTG-05

Good for you.

If every gun owner did the same, these places would a) go out of business or b) change their anti-gun policy. Wonder if the CMC crowd is listening. :banghead:

mikeyb

You can ask people on the Internet to not be a**holes, it doesn't make it a policy.

Social Commentary:
Once again, OC riflemen f**k it up for the rest of us. If they just went about their business, it'd be fine. But no, they have to stop in the middle of the store and pose with their guns. The picture going around inside Chipotle is a failed effort by that OC crowd. The guy on the right is fondling his rifle. If he was like the one on the left, no biggie. But when you're in a public place, gripping your firearm, that is BAD NEWS.

F**king morons. These are the idiots on "our" side. Just like the same ones that went to Starbucks. Have your rifle/shotgun slung, and keep it that way. :cuss:

solus

has anybody ever thought these long gun OC events are being accomplished by those who actually do not support the 2A but rather 'actors' (paid or unpaid) who have been instructed to participate in these type of events to discredit the 2A movement?

yes conspiracy theory...but just seems odd to have a proliferation of long gun events in the last 13 months which have gotten national press coverage and the results the antis are looking for.

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm sorry if we've offended you. We recognize that this is a sensitive issue and we respect that people have very different points of view. The issue of gun ownership or gun rights has become one of the most contentious debates in the country. Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food. We hope that our customers agree with us that it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area, not the role of businesses like Chipotle.

I appreciate you expressing your sentiment. We always welcome the exchange of ideas and opinions: it is one of the many things that make our country such a special place. But this issue is not central to the operation of our business, and we do not feel that our restaurants should be used as a platform for either side of the debate.

Sincerely,
Kate

Here's what they wrote to me when I told them to stuff their company.

I think OC helps to ID companies run by fascists and commies....lets find out who all of them are.

OC for ME

We hope that our customers agree with us that it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area, not the role of businesses like Chipotle.
Odd, it appears that the elected officials and the legislative process have set policy in this area. LGOC is legal in TX. CMG is, as has been previously stated, picked a side, the anti-2A side.

SFCRetired

has anybody ever thought these long gun OC events are being accomplished by those who actually do not support the 2A but rather 'actors' (paid or unpaid) who have been instructed to participate in these type of events to discredit the 2A movement?

yes conspiracy theory...but just seems odd to have a proliferation of long gun events in the last 13 months which have gotten national press coverage and the results the antis are looking for.

ipse

That sort of tactic has been used by both government and non-government entities to discredit unpopular causes. Some examples which have occurred during my lifetime have been the Civil Rights movement and the Anti-war movement during the sixties.

Let's be honest with ourselves: We are as unpopular in some circles as both of the above movements were back in the day.

Here is an example of a non-government group that would be deliriously happy if gun rights organizations ceased to exist:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...alliance-looking-to-spend-nearly-40m-in-2014/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I OC my handgun as I will.
I OC my long gun as I can.
I OC my heart upon my sleeve.
I am what I am, Sam.
Get over it - damn.

KYKevin

Is it possible that bloomberg is behind this?

ipse

Freedom1Man

ipse

I was just thinking the same thing

WalkingWolf

Why these repetitive threads on the same subject, don't they realize what A-holes they are being and making the rest of the internet users look bad?

Chipotle statement I repeat was a fence post standing propoganda statement meant to appease both sides. One side declares victory the other side whimpers and moans and points to the OC community to assign blame for their own stupidity not to see the truth.

Again Chitotle did not ban guns, not even close, they straddled a fence. Something they did not even have to do, but for some reason felt compelled.

All the major business across the country recieve these threats from idiot anti gun mothers, or as I call them See You Next Tuesdays. They continue business as normal without the BS.

The only course of action I could see, and many business already do, is not allow pictures of public demonstrations on the property. Evidently the CEO's of Starsucks, Chitotle, and Jerk in the Box are not smart enough to do that. Instead they jeopardize the safety of their employees and customers by discouraging the very act that proves to prevent violence or crime on their property.

But then if they acted out of logic and common sense there would not be something for the emotional idiots to cry about.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

ipse

I was just thinking the same thing

Sure it's a possibility - anything is a possibility. Not likely though as no such connection as been made over these many months.

More likely that "We have met the enemy and he is us."
http://tinyurl.com/m3zj8k8

WalkingWolf

Sure it's a possibility - anything is a possibility. Not likely though as no such connection as been made over these many months.

More likely that "We have met the enemy and he is us."
http://tinyurl.com/m3zj8k8

You mean like this~

foot.jpg

stealthyeliminator

You can ask people on the Internet to not be a**holes, it doesn't make it a policy.

Social Commentary:
Once again, OC riflemen f**k it up for the rest of us. If they just went about their business, it'd be fine. But no, they have to stop in the middle of the store and pose with their guns. The picture going around inside Chipotle is a failed effort by that OC crowd. The guy on the right is fondling his rifle. If he was like the one on the left, no biggie. But when you're in a public place, gripping your firearm, that is BAD NEWS.

F**king morons. These are the idiots on "our" side. Just like the same ones that went to Starbucks. Have your rifle/shotgun slung, and keep it that way. :cuss:

I am confident that holding the grip made no difference, what-so-ever. That's actually pretty silly to think.

ipse

I assure you that I am not paid a dime for my efforts, though we've turned down many donations during our events.

I find it interesting that in the midst of all this bashing of OCT, not a single negative word has been said of those responsible for perverting the truth or spreading the lies and slander. These same people, mind you, were just recently exposed for telling outright lies to defame OCT.

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I don't know much of anything about this place called 'Chipotle', as I've never really seen such a place in my travels around the Commonwealth, nor in my Storm Chasing adventures; However, I am willing to bet that each individual restaurant will end up being like each individual Starbucks, or Subway, insofar as the larger company being against carry/firearms, while each individual 'store', whether by policy or personal actions, is left to decide to tolerate carry/firearms, or not.

I've been open carrying in every Subway in my home-town, in neighboring towns, in far-off towns, in long-distance towns, from Paducah, to Ashland, and Somerset, to Covington, and have yet to have any Subway employee, or manager, tell me to leave, or call the police on me, or anything negative. Every 'store' I visit, the staff are polite, and friendly, and if its a guy making my sandwich, will talk to me about his EDC pistol, or about how he always heard bad things about my carry pistol (Hi Point).

The same with Starbucks that I've openly carried in and out of whenever I did stop there, most of the time it's a police smile and a nod at the 2$ bills that I pay with every time I go to a Starbucks, and sometimes I'll have a assistant, or actual manager, say that they disagree with company policy, and welcome anyone who responsibly open carries.

I doubt if gun-friendly managers, assistant managers, or staff of each individual chipotle's will be keen on enforcing company policy.