• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys have to stop open carying your rifles in places of business.

stealthyeliminator

One of the guys that's been here longer than I have needs to make a thread reminding people that the exact same **** happened to OCDO, but despite claims to the contrary, the world did not end. Gun lube did not flow through the streets.

The likes of Charles Cotton made claims that OCDO was to blame for open carry legislation failing to move forward in the past in Texas. They didn't even have to carry long guns, either...

del GOD

know your laws addmen city state etc r.c.w's help

I thought it was cool to open carry, I did it, but I don't do it anymore where it will draw attention.

I realize now that the open carry rules are really not for you to take your rifle into a store, restaurant or place of business. It is so that you can go shooting, hunting or carry your guns to your car without the police arresting you. It is basically for you to do what most normal people do with there guns, not to go scare people with them.

Here in Vegas I can open carry and I have, but I don't do it anymore just to show off. I do it when I am moving my guns around or walking around the deserts shooting. I even leave guns just showing in the hatchback of my car. What I love best about open carry is that I can half conceal my pistol or print with it and because of the open carry rules I can not get in trouble.

What you guys are going to do is have your rights taken away, now you will have to sneak your rifles to your car or whatever. Kind of like what they have in Florida, you can't even print with the concealed carry.

There is no benefit to doing this, so please stop. If you want to promote gun rights then there are probably better ways for people to get into the hobby.

I may not be explaining this the best way here but you probably know what I mean. So stop carrying those rifles in places where people will feel you are robbing them.

We still live in a civilized society and walking around with a rifle just doesn't fit. This isn't the 1700's when you needed to do that.

I'm not in Vegas but you guys here need to contact the people who are going to ruin everything for you and tell them to stop doing it.
well i think your not being american and your not passionate about what your beliefs are. ya the rifle thing ehh ehhh iffy but if your a pro and not threating i say make your stance be someone. grab the world by the oysters and let em know who you are. we live once. granite good decisions come with owning weapons anyways but don't be timid and just because mainstream america says thinks or has preconcieved notions of how society should be...........it isn't! the fact is there is murders and junkys and thiefs in every part of the world and i say if it is your right and it is legal then strap on that singlepoint aac sling in od green of course and be a G.D. AMERICAN! AMERICA'S PROB NOW IS WHO IS IN OFFICE.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
well i think your not being american and your not passionate about what your beliefs are. ya the rifle thing ehh ehhh iffy but if your a pro and not threating i say make your stance be someone. grab the world by the oysters and let em know who you are. we live once. granite good decisions come with owning weapons anyways but don't be timid and just because mainstream america says thinks or has preconcieved notions of how society should be...........it isn't! the fact is there is murders and junkys and thiefs in every part of the world and i say if it is your right and it is legal then strap on that singlepoint aac sling in od green of course and be a G.D. AMERICAN! AMERICA'S PROB NOW IS WHO IS IN OFFICE.

Welcome to the forum.

Please read the Forum Rules

See rule #14:
"LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry."

Lyndsy Simon

I'll also ask, with absolutely no offense intended, that you proof read your posts before submitting them. This post contains numerous spelling and grammatical errors, to the point that it's virtually impossible to consider its content.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'll also ask, with absolutely no offense intended, that you proof read your posts before submitting them. This post contains numerous spelling and grammatical errors, to the point that it's virtually impossible to consider its content.

Thanks. I didn't read it because it was a wall of text with practically no punctuation. That said, I welcome a new guy to the forum and look forward to his future input.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

I'm going to stick up for the kid. It takes some time and lots of effort but the is both readable and mostly understandable.

The sad thing is that so few using this style have the talent and verbal skills of James Joyce. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/4300/4300-h/4300-h.htm That being the case most writers using this style get put down as illiterate boobs and drooling morons. I prefer to think of them as struggling to conquer what is perhaps the hardest literary style to pull off successfully and wonder how long they will fight the good fight before giving up and return to using Standard Grammar.

stay safe.

(Some may think they detect snark or sarcasm in the above. The truth is in the mind of the reader.)

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Welcome to the forum

Stick around. Sounds like you will be interesting to communicate with.

Open carry of long guns is following the same track as open carry of handguns.

That track is leading to full recognition of second amendment rights.

Kopis

It's pronounced 'Merica.

OC for ME

In the real South, it is referred to as the South, except for those states that have a exceptionally high yankee influence, such as those bordering the Mason Dixon line.

Kopis

haha ^^ true and true!!!!!!!

I was on hold with Salient Arms the other day... their hold music is "Murica FCK YEAH!" it's like a soft version of it. I was choking from laughing so hard on the phone.

Last edited: