• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys have to stop open carying your rifles in places of business.

stealthyeliminator

Hey if you want dumb and dumber on your side go ahead have them. Real gun owners don't need some gangsta wannabe to be poster boy. Even OCT doesn't want anything to do with them.
You are so incorrect you've proven yourself an idiot. There is no more need to engage with you. Goodbye.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I don't know a single team of anything where every member would make a good poster boy for it.

223to45

Never mind, I guess long rifle open carriers no matter how stupid can do no wrong.

First you put Starbucks in the spot light and look what they did. Then you put Chipotles in the spot light and look what happen there, you put Jack in the Box in the spot light, so far haven't heard kick back from that.

You keep making a business the center of attention you will keep getting negative results. They don't care about your cause, they are there to make money.

mpguy

I'm sitting here looking at this.

myge8uqy.jpg

That's not the imagine i think sets a good example. To me, this picture is showing off. You want to set a example, do it, by getting your picture taken with your family, while eating. My dad would have killed me walking any where like this, and to me, MY opinion, that's the problem.

If your going to get your pic taken, have the gun slung appropriately on your back, and never move it. I think at least in my opinion, those pictures are the problem. This may not be the scene from the restaurant, as that was from a quick search. That picture though, people like that, posing, is becoming more common place.

Sorry if I step on toes. It's just my opinion. I have np with long gun oc. Just like any form of oc, there is a right and wrong way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Never mind, I guess long rifle open carriers no matter how stupid can do no wrong.

First you put Starbucks in the spot light and look what they did. Then you put Chipotles in the spot light and look what happen there, you put Jack in the Box in the spot light, so far haven't heard kick back from that.

You keep making a business the center of attention you will keep getting negative results. They don't care about your cause, they are there to make money.
You credit people with statements/examples not made and results that have not been seen. You provoke and alienate - you are creating quite a reputation for yourself.

WalkingWolf

I'm sitting here looking at this.

myge8uqy.jpg

That's not the imagine i think sets a good example. To me, this picture is showing off. You want to set a example, do it, by getting your picture taken with your family, while eating. My dad would have killed me walking any where like this, and to me, MY opinion, that's the problem.

If your going to get your pic taken, have the gun slung appropriately on your back, and never move it. I think at least in my opinion, those pictures are the problem. This may not be the scene from the restaurant, as that was from a quick search. That picture though, people like that, posing, is becoming more common place.

Sorry if I step on toes. It's just my opinion. I have np with long gun oc. Just like any form of oc, there is a right and wrong way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea the audacity of a fat guy and short guy carrying guns.:rolleyes:

templar223

Las Vegas Shooter:

MAC702 makes a Good Point.

Texas Law does NOT Allow Open Carry of a Handgun.

Texas Law does, HOWEVER, Allow Open Carry of a Long Gun.

Their Purpose is to Draw Attention to This Fact to get The Texas Legislature to REPEAL Texas Penal Code 46.035.

Once The Texas Legislature REPEALS Texas Penal Code 46.035, They will be able to Open Carry Handguns.

aadvark

If they continue carrying their rifles into restaurants, I'd say the likelihood is that the Texas Legislature might instead ban open carry of long guns.

The boys doing this aren't doing gun rights any favors.

John

wimwag

I will carry my rifle when and where I want. Even if carrying a handgun is more tactically sound. My civil rights are not subject to the opinions and irrational fears of others. Why? Tis a RIGHT not a privelage. I suggest the OP and his elitist sidekick grab a dictionary.

223to45

I will carry my rifle when and where I want. Even if carrying a handgun is more tactically sound. My civil rights are not subject to the opinions and irrational fears of others. Why? Tis a RIGHT not a privelage. I suggest the OP and his elitist sidekick grab a dictionary.

And long arm carry will be banned in 3,2,.............................................

stealthyeliminator

And long arm carry will be banned in 3,2,.............................................

If a LGOC ban is enacted it is only following the social LGOC ban perpetrated by the control campaigns, to which you are a participant. If LGOC is banned, you will not have lost a right - you lost your right when you refused to exercise it or stand up for those that did.