Thread: Is a Trust a Person? BATFE says NO- Yipeeeeee!!!!!

Is a Trust a Person? BATFE says NO- Yipeeeeee!!!!!

Link: http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-...ghes-amendment

If BATFE can't resolve their screw-up then the trust business is about to get really HUGE!!!!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Has any trust be able to buy a new gun that covered by that Act?

As I understand it, you send in paperwork and have to wait for the ATF to approve it. I would anticipate them quickly denying a transfer of a new machine gun, merits of the application notwithstanding. So "my trust is not a person" is something that would need to be raised in a courtroom to get an order/judgment compelling the ATF to approve it?

Yes, the BATFE has really painted themselves into a corner.

If we were really smart, somebody would take BATFE to court for their new absurd rules for Trusts, lose at the district court level then appeal and lose at the circuit court level getting a court of record opinion that: " for the purposes of transferring NFA firearms, trusts are not people."

THEN we try to transfer new guns to a trust, and when the transfer is denied, we appeal and beat the BATFE over the head with the court of record opinion.
    Last edited by Thundar; 05-21-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

They are taking them to court just got fillied yesterday. Here is the filling. This should be very interesting.

http://iris.personaltelco.net/~ry/24...-Complaint.pdf
    Last edited by Lohe; 10-31-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Trust is not a person, but the people within the trust that will use the weapon are w-e-l-l people. Considering Scalia's remarks in Heller I do not see this getting traction. In fact it may very well make it worse, congress may just outlaw MG to all private persons, and Scalia's remarks will back them up. Way to go guys.

This is similar to saying a house is not a person, so a post 86 MG could be included with a house sale. It is just downright stupid.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump