Thread: Well...did anyone vote today?

Well...did anyone vote today?

When I got there, I was the only one at the Polling Place. As I was leaving, I saw two other people. This was a little after 3:00 pm.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post

When I got there, I was the only one at the Polling Place. As I was leaving, I saw two other people. This was a little after 3:00 pm.
    Sure did. Unless it's unavoidable, I always vote.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Yes I did and I was OC

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    Yes I did and I was OC

Mike
    My polling place was in a school so I was not.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

My home is across the river in Ohio so obviously I couldn't vote in Kentucky's election yesterday. However, I did commemmorate the end of your state's Election Day 'blue law' by having an adult beverage (bourbon, of course) in a bar while the polls were still open! Found a out from a friend later that the place he went for lunch--a nationwide chicken wing joint--had NO idea that the law had been changed, and was refusing to serve alcohol during the day.

Not OC related, but is it only restaurants that can serve alcohol on Election Day or can you buy it from a store and take it home on Election Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n.

Yes I voted

Not that it did much good but I still voted and can hope...
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Yes I voted, and Yes I OC. Was a little disappointed at the turnout.

I voted, but not oc. My poling place is an elementary school.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Not OC related, but is it only restaurants that can serve alcohol on Election Day or can you buy it from a store and take it home on Election Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best of my knowledge when Kentucky killed the Election Day blue law they got rid of it completely. You should now be able to get your favorite potables at the gas station, party store, etc. It was especially silly (to those who live in "wet" counties anyhow) that with the law in place, the beer truck drivers weren't allowed to make deliveries on Election Day, because they were "selling" alcohol--to the stores, bars, etc. So they got a day off twice a year, sometimes unpaid depending on their employer.

Another aspect of this that was silly is that for years it was the state legislators representing totally "dry" counties who worked the hardest against ending the Election Day prohibition. Why would THEY care about those two days when in theory the areas they represented wouldn't be affected to begin with?? The dry counties sure never refused the revenues generated by alcohol sales in wet counties either, did they?

It was also ludicrous to imagine that buying people drinks in bars was still, to this day, a major way in which elections are rigged. or example from what I've read about southeast Kentucky, politically-connected doctors writing oxycontin and vicotin scrips to help their party's candidates get more votes was the new method...

Hey Ky. I love ya, you're way ahead of us in Ohio with regards to gun rights. I just needed to bust your chops a bit about the whole booze topic.

The "No Booze" law still exists in Lexington and Richmond despite the State repealing the law.

No alcohol sales in Lexington on primary election day

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/05/14/3...lexington.html

",,,To make the change the local governing body — in Lexington, the Urban County Council — must repeal the ordinance banning sales, the release said."

State law repealed, but still no election-day alcohol sales in Richmond
    http://www.richmondregister.com/loca...es-in-Richmond

I believe South Carolina might be the only state that still has the law in effect.

I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.