• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's Jack in the Box?

Wc

Today, Open Carry Texas President, CJ Grisham, spoke directly with the head of corporate security for Jack In The Box who spoke personally with the employees at the restaurant in Fort Worth. The TRUTH is that NOT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE of Jack In The Box hid in a freezer nor did a single employee call 911 or the police. The 911 call was made by a couple in the restaurant. We are working to get the 911 call, the police report, and other recordings to find out where this information originated and expose those reporting false information to achieve their anti-gun agendas. Defamation of an organization in this fashion is serious business and we will not allow it to happen unchallenged. Fort Worth Police Department needs to correct their false statements immediately that painted open carry advocates unfairly in the media.

The author Clare O'Connor of Forbes Staff stated that Joseph, Fort Worth Police Department’s official statement trumps these anecdotes. Until I hear further, the story stays as is. (no news from them after two weeks)

More at http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...open-carry-demo-sees-workers-hide-in-freezer/

Jack House

The 911 call.

[video=youtube;JRaYd7rxfqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaYd7rxfqg[/video]

Jack House

I couldn't stop laughing the first time I heard the call. "OMG it's so terrible, there's people casually walking around with GUNS"

stealthyeliminator

It's also noteworthy that the police department, who is apparently responsible for first reporting that someone 'hid in the freezer,' outright refused to make any corrective statement. The simply attempted to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the misinformation and then shut their mouths, refusing to make any further comment on the issue.

DaveT319

And THAT is what prompted them asking us not to bring our guns on their restaurants?! Sounds like it was nothing!

Javelina

I might have done the same thing back in the day...

Previous to my knowledge of state laws here in AZ I might have possibly called police if I saw 3 guys walking around with AR's. Arizona is a very pro-gun state however it is very rare (and I have personally never seen) individuals walking around with automatic rifles. So in short what I'm trying to say is that I could see how someone who is unaware of current firearms laws may call law enforcement on such a matter. The whole BS though about the freezer and these police statements make no sense and unless the matter is still under investigation any info of the report should be available to the public I believe.

Jack House

Previous to my knowledge of state laws here in AZ I might have possibly called police if I saw 3 guys walking around with AR's. Arizona is a very pro-gun state however it is very rare (and I have personally never seen) individuals walking around with automatic rifles.
And you are likely to never see such, as automatic rifles are rare and cost more than a new car.

DaveT319

First, they weren't carrying "automatic rifles".

Second, part of the problem is not that clueless people call the cops; it's that the cops actually respond to "investigate" a legal act. It'd be like someone calling the police because I'm barbecuing in my back yard. It doesn't matter if the guns are more "scary" to some people. Both are legal. There's no reason to even respond UNLESS the caller can articulate that there's a legitimate threat.

stealthyeliminator

Previous to my knowledge of state laws here in AZ I might have possibly called police if I saw 3 guys walking around with AR's. Arizona is a very pro-gun state however it is very rare (and I have personally never seen) individuals walking around with automatic rifles. So in short what I'm trying to say is that I could see how someone who is unaware of current firearms laws may call law enforcement on such a matter. The whole BS though about the freezer and these police statements make no sense and unless the matter is still under investigation any info of the report should be available to the public I believe.

They said some BS like there wasn't a report because no arrests were made :rolleyes:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Arizona is a very pro-gun state however it is very rare (and I have personally never seen) individuals walking around with automatic rifles.....

And anti-carry Texas can learn from this. It's legal to carry a sidearm in AZ without a license, so there is no need to carry a rifle.

(There is nothing wrong with calling them "automatic" rifles in polite company. They are, indeed, self-loading, or automatically loading, rifles, as opposed to fully automatic, which you did NOT say.)

Last edited:

arentol

First, they weren't carrying "automatic rifles".

Second, part of the problem is not that clueless people call the cops; it's that the cops actually respond to "investigate" a legal act. It'd be like someone calling the police because I'm barbecuing in my back yard. It doesn't matter if the guns are more "scary" to some people. Both are legal. There's no reason to even respond UNLESS the caller can articulate that there's a legitimate threat.

Actually it isn't even that the cops respond to investigate. If they want to waste their time doing so that is their choice. The real issue is that when they do show up they usually just confront and detain without a report of criminal activity and without waiting to observe the individuals in order to establish PC or RAS on their own.

OC for ME

Are cops supposed to "report" that they responded to a "request for service" call? Or, do they just listen to their radio and go to whichever location dispatch blurts out for general consumption with no specific cop being directed to a specific location.

The cops in my little town are dispatched to, and then "clear" the call after. Maybe they are the exception. There is a "paper trail" so that the cop(s) can account for their time and travels.

A cop must account for every minute of every interaction with the citizenry, that is of a official nature. I am not interested in how many doughnuts he ordered and which were jelly filled or cream filled.

stealthyeliminator

Why would that he BS? If there was no crime committed then what were they supposed to report?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

lol. :lol:

At least the ones around here, make detailed field notes. No, that may not rise to the level of a "report," but there is still a paper trail and a record of all that was done and said in the presence of the officers.

I mean, come on, most even go so far as to try and identify, by full name and DoB, sometimes even address and DL number, everyone they come into contact with. (We've all seen the countless videos where cops ask LAC to ID because "they have to identify everyone they come into contact with." It's department policy, I guess, unless the department ***** up, then it's burn the notes and bar the door.)

It also just makes the false report released by the police just that much more egregious. That they'd release a report making statements which aren't even substantiated by field notes, much less any sort of official report, screams that they were pursuing an agenda.

Last edited:

Javelina

Police are going to respond, they have to.

Police have to respond to any call that comes in with a citizen being concerned. This can range from a suspicious person walking through the neighborhood to person(s) with a firearm. Yes the individual(s) may be lawfully carrying their firearms however the info that police originally collect is/are from 911 caller(s). If you have someone freaking out about someone else with guns (whether legal or not legal), the police are going to show up to investigate. Also a report will be done no matter what, that is for certain. It doesn't matter whether a crime is committed or not, when a 911 call comes in a report number is generated automatically for future reference or whatever, all info collected will be put into the report. So any agency stating that there is no report is full of it.

Primus

Police have to respond to any call that comes in with a citizen being concerned. This can range from a suspicious person walking through the neighborhood to person(s) with a firearm. Yes the individual(s) may be lawfully carrying their firearms however the info that police originally collect is/are from 911 caller(s). If you have someone freaking out about someone else with guns (whether legal or not legal), the police are going to show up to investigate. Also a report will be done no matter what, that is for certain. It doesn't matter whether a crime is committed or not, when a 911 call comes in a report number is generated automatically for future reference or whatever, all info collected will be put into the report. So any agency stating that there is no report is full of it.

Have to disagree. A call number is generated. The call is built with basic info such as the type of call (domestic, disturbance, fight, medical call, shooting, assist citizen, suspicious activity, etc.)

That call is then filled initially with whatever info they have from the caller (or officer if initiated by them like say a traffic stop). So maybe a location, description of complaint, name of person calling and contact/ call back info.

The officer then goes based on that information. The officer can then CLEAR said call however they want (in accordance with dept. Policy since it can dictate that certain call types do require a report). No report is generated unless it is REQUESTED and assigned by the dispatch to said officer.

For example... Caller says there is someone suspicious standing outside. They don't have any info other then a location and description of them and their actions.

Officer arrives, see that its Joe Snuffy hanging out. Maybe he gets the guys name and runs his name. Then Joe Snuffy would be logged (if dispatch is on top of it), into the CALL notes that you had Joe Snuffy and his DOB. You chat for a second and see he's legal. So you tell him to have a great night. You leave and clear the call "assisted" or 04 for a clearance code. Even better... You DONT get his name. Well then there's no name to report.

Dispatch then clears call out with the code you tell them.

If you did a FOIA request you would get the dispatch call log. It would show time, date, location, original call notes, and then you'd see Joe snuffy's name and DOB (if he gave it). That's it. No field notes no reports, no Nada.

Nothing to report. You approached a guy named Joe Snuffy. He gave you a name and dob because he felt like it. You determined he wasn't bothering anyone and you left him. Done.

If i had to write a full friggin report on every call I went to in a night I'd never be able to leave at the end of my shift.

Now there is the OPTION to do a report. And this is very OC related. Say you have a group of guys OCing. Someone calls and complains. You show up determine they are all legal. Well you can do what we call a FIR. Or a field interview report. Its just a form of report saying you interacted with them and this is what you saw. We utilize that with our gangs a lot. You had a group of members standing on a corner. Well a call comes in they are disturbing. You show up get info and do a FIR saying you spoke with them any Intel you have. But that's a CHOICE.

Disclaimer: again department policy dictates what a report is needed for. So this will vary according to location. Some may require a report for a barking dog. Others may only require them for arrests/complaints.

The point is that statement "a report is always generated and they are lying if say it isn't " is completely false.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited: