Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Felon offers me gun sale

Felon offers me gun sale

Today while setting up for our moving sale, a mutual acquaintance of a former coworker approached me and offered to sell me a break action 12 gauge shotgun. I always hated that ****** and thought he was shady (and I like knowing who I'm dealing with) so just a bit ago I searched him on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website and found two felonies, one B&E and one manufacture of a controlled substance. Might have literally dodged a bullet there.

When he and I worked together, I remember him posting flyers in the breakroom advertising guns for sale and his two convictions predate those flyers by almost 6 years, so I'd say he's overdue. I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass. I bet the legitimate owner would love to have his gun back.

If any of you happen to get a stolen firearm back, you're welcome. ;-)

It is always nice to know who you are dealing with.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Today while setting up for our moving sale, a mutual acquaintance of a former coworker approached me and offered to sell me a break action 12 gauge shotgun. I always hated that ****** and thought he was shady (and I like knowing who I'm dealing with) so just a bit ago I searched him on the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access website and found two felonies, one B&E and one manufacture of a controlled substance. Might have literally dodged a bullet there.

When he and I worked together, I remember him posting flyers in the breakroom advertising guns for sale and his two convictions predate those flyers by almost 6 years, so I'd say he's overdue. I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass. I bet the legitimate owner would love to have his gun back.

If all you say is true, why not tell us the felon's name?

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    If all you say is true, why not tell us the felon's name?
    +1 Protect his friends privacy and post the Case Number.

Of course your logic is inescapable; IF P THEN Q, P is False then Q is False.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

i know my post doesn't have anything to do with oc of pistols only, so it will probably get deleted, but with that being said, before deletion....

good job on the look-up as those flags point to a druggie, so i try and steer clear of those people.
    if someone has a felony, it doesn't mean the person is bad, nor even not trustworthy as the legal system pretty much has morphed into 8 ways of silly.
    do you know if, say you mess w/someone's facebook page while they'e away from their computer, that's a felony?
    if you ever get a cash tip and don't report it to the irs, that's a felony?
    writing "i'm a d******d on your neighbors mailbox is a felony?
    opening up someone elses mail is a ten year felony.
    copyright infringement is a felony, so make sure you don't download any songs of youtube.
    etc.

if everything were a felony, we'd finally be serious about crime.

What are felons supposed to do with their guns once convicted?

I know many people formerly convicted of felonies, and most are good people who outgrew those times. The others that do not outgrow it go back to prison, usually. As long as the gun is not stolen I see no reason at all to not buy a gun from a person convicted of felony. I would just run the serial number on the gun first. If the felon objects, then it is a good bet it is a stolen gun. Important to keep in mind that NON CONVICTED criminals could sell you a stolen gun. The only difference between a non convicted criminal and a convicted criminal is one got caught being a criminal.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    [ ... ] I know many people formerly convicted of felonies, ...
    LOL It's kind'a like virginity, like you know many people that formerly lost their virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    What are felons supposed to do with their guns once convicted?

I know many people formerly convicted of felonies, and most are good people who outgrew those times. The others that do not outgrow it go back to prison, usually. As long as the gun is not stolen I see no reason at all to not buy a gun from a person convicted of felony. I would just run the serial number on the gun first. If the felon objects, then it is a good bet it is a stolen gun. Important to keep in mind that NON CONVICTED criminals could sell you a stolen gun. The only difference between a non convicted criminal and a convicted criminal is one got caught being a criminal.

well if it were me...i would sell them to a dealer for whatever he would give me before the police decide that I haven't done it fast enough.

Like I said, the former coworker was a huge ****** and that's why I looked him up. I don't want to be party to receiving stolen property. I made the decision to behave after I met mg oldest daughter for the third time in a year.

Centurion

And you know that any of these firearms are stolen? HOW?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Exactly. Glad your not a cop based on how you make assumptions.
    Lol, your just as bad as the rest of the sheeple. Guy convicted (?) of two charges unrelated to theft or firearms, so you naturally assume he steals guns.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

Quote Originally Posted by hhofent View Post
    Lol, your just as bad as the rest of the sheeple. Guy convicted (?) of two charges unrelated to theft or firearms, so you naturally assume he steals guns.
    Don't miss his blog http://www.likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com/ where he calls himself "The Constitutionalist."

Since they've decided to make an attempt to misuse the 911 emergency system in the hope the police wound or kill a legally armed citizen, I'm going to publish the names of every 911 caller by doing an internet search. The police refuse to hold these criminals accountable for their crimes, so I will hold them accountable. http://www.likeomggunsareforlosers.b...-citizens.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-21-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Don't miss his blog http://www.likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com/ where he calls himself "The Constitutionalist."
    I'm not sure I get your point. Elaborate, please.
    The quoted text I actually agree with. Misuse of emergency services to call attention to LAC is wrong, and these people should be held accountable. Not by him, of course, as that would make him judge and jury. But I don't see that he followed through on that.
    Breaking the law by misusing 911 is different than assuming a felon is guilty of an unrelated felony.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post

Probability. This dumbass is a convicted felon and cannot buy them legally therefore he has gotten his firearms by illegal means.

Why do you defend felons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Thanks for the plug Doug. Apparently anyone who Douglass disagrees with is to be mocked since he cannot handle adult conversation.

How's your estranged wife you've been violating restraining orders to harass?

There ain't room enough for me and primus in the precinct. Our egos would clash.

I always hated that ******

I emailed the Sheriff of the county he lives in and hope they nail his sorry ass.
    Which makes you worse than him.

Wait a second, you had first hand knowledge the guns were stolen? Well that changes everything. Oh, you didn't! Yeah, you are WAY worse.

Thanks for the plug Doug. Apparently anyone who Douglass disagrees with is to be mocked since he cannot handle adult conversation.

How's your estranged wife you've been violating restraining orders to harass?
    *snort*
    OPs credibility =0
    And OP is an obvious supporter of GCA 68.

Doug Hoffman: for the record, my blog is called "The Constitutionalist.". My name is still Nathan Pieters. I publish under my real name unlike you and your sock puppets, who you use to have conversations with yourself. Why? Because I have absolutely nothing to hide.

I'm not sure I get your point. Elaborate, please.
    The quoted text I actually agree with. Misuse of emergency services to call attention to LAC is wrong, and these people should be held accountable. Not by him, of course, as that would make him judge and jury. But I don't see that he followed through on that.
    Breaking the law by misusing 911 is different than assuming a felon is guilty of an unrelated felony. Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.
    The wrongness is not for us to decide as it is an element of the offense.

Wisconsin Statutes CHAPTER 256 EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES [ ... ] 256.35 Statewide emergency services number. [ ... ]
    (10) Penalties. (a) Any person who intentionally dials the telephone number "911" to report an emergency, knowing that the fact situation which he or she reports does not exist, shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $600 or imprisoned not more than 90 days or both for the first offense and is guilty of a Class H felony for any other offense committed within 4 years after the first offense.

found two felonies, one B&E and one manufacture of a controlled substance.
    Nitpick: Do you mean burglary? Wisconsin doesn't have a breaking & entering statute.

And yet you judge me every time you post on this forum. How odd.

*snort*
    OPs credibility =0
    And OP is an obvious supporter of GCA 68.

Why? Because I report suspicious activity involving convicted felons and their possession of firearms to authorities?

Are you a convicted felon? I cannot see any other reason for you to reference the act which criminalizes the possession of firearms by felons.

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony - as has been done to alleged abusers and stressed vets, and now misdemeanants?

Why? Because I report suspicious activity involving convicted felons and their possession of firearms to authorities?

Are you a convicted felon? I cannot see any other reason for you to reference the act which criminalizes the possession of firearms by felons.
    Guilty by association?
    Felons can't defend themselves?
    Or is there a code of criminals, where felons never get harassed, threatened, or assaulted.

I believe in personal liberty, but hitting a mailbox with a baseball bat shouldn't deprive someone of unalienable rights.

And no, I'm not a felon.

Last edited by hhofent; 05-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Probability. This dumbass is a convicted felon and cannot buy them legally therefore he has gotten his firearms by illegal means.

Why do you defend felons?
    Well if 'probability' is all we need, there may be a high 'probability' that you are a jackhole.

:P

So you must believe the GCA of 1968 is Constitutional, aka, 'legitimate' gun control.

Likewise Leutenberg.

But yeah, you're a 'Constitutionalists." Which Constitution idk, but some one, somewhere.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 05-21-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast