• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felon offers me gun sale

wimwag

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of felony - as has been done to alleged abusers and stressed vets, and now misdemeanants?

Your domestic violence convictions must be weighing hard on your conscience.

wimwag

Guilty by association?
Felons can't defend themselves?
Or is there a code of criminals, where felons never get harassed, threatened, or assaulted.

I believe in personal liberty, but hitting a mailbox with a baseball bat shouldn't deprive someone of unalienable rights.

And no, I'm not a felon.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

What about manufacturing meth?

hhofent

What about manufacturing meth?

More power to him.
While I don't condone that behavior, what a stranger puts in his body is hardly any of my business. Personal liberty. Notice he wasn't charged with selling meth. Name someone whose rights he infringed on by manufacturing meth.

Why do we need permission slips to tell us what we can and can't put in our bodies anyway?

wimwag

Nitpick: Do you mean burglary? Wisconsin doesn't have a breaking & entering statute.

Yes. I've never done it so I apparently don't know the difference.

Kind of like how some posters here don't know jack about the constitution and the fact that it IS subject to reasonable regulations. Such as, when judged to be guilty of a serious felony offense by a jury of his peers, the convicted felon is also stripped of his 2A rights by his peers as punishment for his moral turpitude. A LEO acquaintance of mine makes a good point when he says that many people can recite the Bill of Rights word for word, but very few actually know what those rights actually are.

Maybe I am just a bit ahead of you in my understanding and I exercise my right to free speech to the fullest, even if it offends you. True freedom means that you will be offended at times. Get over it.

wimwag

More power to him.
While I don't condone that behavior, what a stranger puts in his body is hardly any of my business. Personal liberty. Notice he wasn't charged with selling meth. Name someone whose rights he infringed on by manufacturing meth.

Why do we need permission slips to tell us what we can and can't put in our bodies anyway?

Because addicts smoke away all their worldy possessions and then resort to violence to take yours to sell for more meth.

hhofent

Because addicts smoke away all their worldy possessions and then resort to violence to take yours to sell for more meth.

Infallible logic.
Future crimes police. :)
Obviously this guy thought of that, he was making his own. By your own logic, that's crime prevention.

Didn't you say "true freedom means you will be offended at times. Get over it."

hhofent

Also, that's a massive generalization. If all drugs were legal, no one who wouldn't do drugs anyway would do them just cuz it's legal. At least I wouldn't. Would you?

You left out the other alternative. Which is get help for their addiction and treat it like the disease it is.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Probability. This dumbass is a convicted felon and cannot buy them legally therefore he has gotten his firearms by illegal means.

Why do you defend felons?
Felons have just as many Constitutionally Protected RIghts as you or I. I was simply asking if you had any knowledge or info to support your suggestion that the firearms being proffered for sale were stolen. Just mayby he had MANY firearms that he lawfully owned for many years before he became a felon. Not saying per current law that he can lawfully possess same.

All persons have rights or NONE of us have them!

JoeSparky

Centurion
Exactly. Glad your not a cop based on how you make assumptions.
Lol, your just as bad as the rest of the sheeple. Guy convicted (?) of two charges unrelated to theft or firearms, so you naturally assume he steals guns.

Assuming the above is NOT directed at me.... First reading I was beginning to not appreciate the attack.

solus

Why? Because I report suspicious activity involving convicted felons and their possession of firearms to authorities?

Are you a convicted felon? I cannot see any other reason for you to reference the act which criminalizes the possession of firearms by felons.

what report...you sent an email mr pieters, ya that's reporting in a timely fashion...and i am sure your email was as unbias'd as your post was...

btw, take your personal feud and name calling someplace else, it is truly getting old.

ipse

Last edited:

solus

mr pieters, your cites for this tripe your spew'g?

shall we wait until you check your blog?

ipse

Last edited:

hhofent

Assuming the above is NOT directed at me.... First reading I was beginning to not appreciate the attack.

No sir. The "exactly" was directed at you, thats it. Sorry for not clarifying.

Dave_pro2a

I do worry about being a veteran and dissident citizen American.

"Dissident"

You worry about dissidents in America?! You really do sound like a jackhole who fundamentally fails to understand the Constitution and freedom.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dissident
—adj
1. disagreeing; dissenting

—n
2. a person who disagrees, esp one who disagrees with the government

You sound just like those State worshiping Nazis and Communists did.

Truth is an absolute defense against Godwin's Law

wimwag

Infallible logic.
Future crimes police. :)
Obviously this guy thought of that, he was making his own. By your own logic, that's crime prevention.

Didn't you say "true freedom means you will be offended at times. Get over it."

Your putting words in my mouth does not mean that I said anything remotely like what you are claiming.

If no crime has been committed, then I'm sure the police will let him go. You sure have a soft spot for convicted felons.

wimwag

Felons have just as many Constitutionally Protected RIghts as you or I. I was simply asking if you had any knowledge or info to support your suggestion that the firearms being proffered for sale were stolen. Just mayby he had MANY firearms that he lawfully owned for many years before he became a felon. Not saying per current law that he can lawfully possess same.

All persons have rights or NONE of us have them!

I have the knowledge gained by knowing him and that there isn't an honest bone in his body. He has been convicted of burglary and is in possession of firearms 10 years after the fact. Do your own math.

wimwag

I find it funny, and I literally am laughing, that you guys who tripe on and on about me and object to me based solely on my past are getting so anal about me doing what one of you on this forum has already done to me without actual proof. I, unlike you, have facts on my side. And those facts are, in 2003 and 2004 the guy in possession of these firearms was convicted of burglary and manufacturing and is ineligible.

You may disagree with the law and it is your right, but the law is what it is and its a good thing drug manufacturers and burglars are denied the right to own firearms.

hhofent

I find it funny, and I literally am laughing, that you guys who tripe on and on about me and object to me based solely on my past are getting so anal about me doing what one of you on this forum has already done to me without actual proof. I, unlike you, have facts on my side. And those facts are, in 2003 and 2004 the guy in possession of these firearms was convicted of burglary and manufacturing and is ineligible.

You may disagree with the law and it is your right, but the law is what it is and its a good thing drug manufacturers and burglars are denied the right to own firearms.

Now which is it? Was he charged with burglary or b&e? Or both? You only mentioned b&e and manufacturing.

wimwag

Now which is it? Was he charged with burglary or b&e? Or both? You only mentioned b&e and manufacturing.

I already said I was mistaken and that I didn't know the difference between b&e and burglary. Sorry for the confusion. I thought it was the same thing and b&e is easier to type with the obnoxious autocorrect on my windows phone.

hhofent

I already said I was mistaken and that I didn't know the difference between b&e and burglary. Sorry for the confusion. I thought it was the same thing and b&e is easier to type with the obnoxious autocorrect on my windows phone.

Well that changes everything.. Lol
Still, I don't think that should mean the felon forfeits his right to self defense by means of firearms, although by law it does.