Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: open carriers strike again

Banned

open carriers strike again

http://www.thebangswitch.com/open-ca...-strike-again/

maybe you should start listening to your fellow gun owners.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post

And maybe you should find opinion articles that aren't being written by Law Enforcement Officers.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Actually, it really helps demonstrate what cops think.

He thinks ALL open carry activists are just like the ones that he hears about on TV and writes accordingly.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I take the opinions of brainwashed minions, about as seriously as I do the average commentator on Reddit...oh, right.
    "Now, why believe in anything they praise,
    When one hand holds them the victor,
    While the other holds the shovel to their graves?"
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    ...brainwashed minions...
    Funny you should say that. I did notice this part about his bio:
    Matt is a full time Deputy Sheriff that has been on the job for 17 years. During his time as a LEO he's attended countless training classes...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    No Pain. No Gain.

Author is a whoosie.

Banned
    I take the opinions of brainwashed minions, about as seriously as I do the average commentator on Reddit...oh, right.
    And that all any one has here. Opinions. Yet it's all treated as fact. All because it's was discussed here.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    And that all any one has here. Opinions. Yet it's all treated as fact. All because it's was discussed here.
    Irony much?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Irony much?
    I believe the concept of irony is lost on it. Perhaps any concept is beyond its grasp.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

I believe that you belong to the wrong site. In that deputies 17 years on the job, do you think that he concealed carried the whole time for the "tactical advantage" that conceal carry offers? Naw, he OC'd the whole time.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

And then there are the glass houses...

Last edited by WalkingWolf; 05-22-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Police officers were present at Chipotle when the "event of controversy" happened. The fact is that there was no controversy when the event took place, the controversy was maliciously manufactured after the fact. And as MDA was choo-chooing that spoon full of bull-**** toward your mouth, you opened wide and swallowed it whole.
    Advocate freedom please

This is true, for conversations that involve only opinion. The problem with MDA (and other antis, and CC-only, and Fudds) is that they can't let their opinion stand on it's own merit. They have to manufacture ******** to go along with it, in a pathetic attempt to lend credibility to an otherwise flimsy (if not collapsed) point. Either that, or they rely on the emotional scare tactics card....or both.
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    And then there are the glass houses...

Pump 5 rounds in a person and hope there's no one behind him down the hall in another room (unless the walls are armored).

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Drawing down on people, not realizing they look nothing like the perp. About like drawing down on Herve' Villachez while looking for Dr. J.

In the end the cops are making the crisis far worse than it really is, and more often than not it's for a paycheck. Because if they weren't pulling bonuses would they be so willing to threaten people? To deprive them of their rights?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    In the end the cops are making the crisis far worse than it really is, and more often than not it's for a paycheck. Because if they weren't pulling bonuses would they be so willing to threaten people? To deprive them of their rights?
    The human ego can be a terrible thing, when the subject is propped up by their own conscience, and their training ingrains a "we are always right; it's us against them" mentality.
    ~~~Claudio Sanchez

I am curious, g21sfpistol, what is your real beef with open-carry? Are you really that upset about the potential political fall-out? Or is there something else about it that bugs you?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    I am curious, g21sfpistol, what is your real beef with open-carry? Are you really that upset about the potential political fall-out? Or is there something else about it that bugs you?
    Maybe his girl left him for an OC'er......haha.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I believe it may be suffering from some sort of autism spectrum disorder such as Asperger's. The symptoms are there, although, further tests need to be performed.

I doubt it is getting "bugged" by OC, it is just a topic that it is currently latched onto.

This is true, for conversations that involve only opinion. The problem with MDA (and other antis, and CC-only, and Fudds) is that they can't let their opinion stand on it's own merit. They have to manufacture ******** to go along with it, in a pathetic attempt to lend credibility to an otherwise flimsy (if not collapsed) point. Either that, or they rely on the emotional scare tactics card....or both.
    You mean like "you will be the first one shot, they will take your weapon, its a tactical disadvantage, people will be running for the door, makes you a target, don't see anybody doing it," did I miss any?

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Police officers were present at Chipotle when the "event of controversy" happened. The fact is that there was no controversy when the event took place, the controversy was maliciously manufactured after the fact. And as MDA was choo-chooing that spoon full of bull-**** toward your mouth, you opened wide and swallowed it whole.
    Yup. One person who is afraid of OC for whatever reason started spewing stuff, then the people started to repeat this to other people now we have statements made that no evidence can back up.

I have wondered this for a long time. What if everybody who carries a handgun legally, and who lives in a state that allows it, open carried? seriously, what if? and why don't more people do it when they claim to stand for gun rights? never understood this.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I have wondered this for a long time. What if everybody who carries a handgun legally, and who lives in a state that allows it, open carried? seriously, what if? and why don't more people do it when they claim to stand for gun rights? never understood this.
    I ask myself the same thing, but I think most of it is that people are ignorant of gun laws. For example, in Arizona anyone who is not a convicted felon and is 18+ may open carry, once you become 21+ you can conceal with or without a CCW. That and I also believe that many live in a fantasy world where the law enforcement responds in 10 seconds flat and the worst part is many may not see the importance of being armed until it is to late, there's no do overs when put in a life or death situation.

Lightbulb

Many people live in a false reality. They "feel" that their cell phone is enough. They "feel" that taking guns away from the lawful citizens will somehow stop violent crime. Hey I "feel" that I should have my own star ship, circa (1970's star trek), and all cute women across the solar system should long for my companionship.. but hey, feeling that way has nothing to do with how improbable it really is! Here's a video from our Canadian friends to the north. They have made it very difficult for the average citizen to protect themselves effectively, let us see how well "just dial 911, the cops will take care of it!" is working for them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgVtpWmMOc

Ooops close but wrong country

Last edited by FreeInAZ; 06-02-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: vid link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    *snipped
    That and I also believe that many live in a fantasy world where the law enforcement responds in 10 seconds flat and the worst part is many may not see the importance of being armed until it is to late, there's no do overs when put in a life or death situation.
    Even if that fantasy were true, I'm sure that a bullet travels much faster than that

Good advice, why do you not try it?

I am curious, g21sfpistol, what is your real beef with open-carry?......... Or is there something else about it that bugs you?
    You believe you can draw your weapon from concealed faster than someone who open carrys, you have disdain for those of us who do OC, so just why are you here wasting bandwidth? And, please, answer Peter, I, too, am curious.
    Last edited by MSG Laigaie; 06-04-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelink
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast