• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jack in the box

28kfps

This is a long read however I believe it is important to start a barrage of e-mails, calls, snail mail to these business that are being encourage by bloombergs new 50 million dollars plus of his own money anti gun gang Moms against guns.

There is a few that say why tell them as they have a right. We do want the private entity to have the right to be able to control who sets foot on their grounds. However these business are in it for the profit. They spend millions a year advertising and encouraging the public to come in. Unlike our home or private property these business are open to the public and the public expects to be welcomed in while conducting themselves in a legal manner.
These and other business on the fence need to see there is a real possibility of a change to their profit if they prevent people from being able to protect themselves and preventing them from exercising a constitutional protected right. That profit change being a huge profit loss by making sure they know millions of gun owner’s family, friends and supporters will not support their business.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 1993 Jack in the Box E. coli outbreak occurred in 1993 when 732 people were infected with the Escherichia coli O157:H7 bacterium originating from undercooked beef patties in hamburgers. The outbreak involved 73 Jack in the Box restaurants in California, Idaho, Washington and Nevada and has been described as "far and away the most infamous food poison outbreak in contemporary history. The majority of the victims were children aged under 10-years old. Four children died and 178 other victims were left with permanent injury including kidney and brain damage.

I plan on letting Jack in the box know that me and my friends now have two life endangering issues to keep us out of Jack In the Box. Not being able to defend my family and friends from lethal force and possibility of lethal consequences from consuming one of their hamburgers.

Below is some resent info on Jack in the Box and some contact info.

Shortly after an open carry protest in Texas turned into the entire police force showing up at a Jack in the Box, the fast food chain is now taking a page from the Starbucks public relations guide.

The anti-gun Bloomberg group, Moms Demand Action, threw themselves into the debate after several gun owners went to a Jack in the Box while open carrying their firearms. Some employees of the fast food restaurant even got pictures with the open carriers, but media reports only complained that some of the employees went to the cooler in the back to hide for fear of their lives.

Now it looks like Moms Demand Action has pressured Jack in the Box into putting out a statement that requests gun owners to leave their guns at home. You may remember Starbucks doing the same after open carriers started using the establishments to demonstrate their rights.
- See more at: http://gunsnfreedom.com/jack-in-the...ure-from-anti-gun-group/#sthash.fbl68pc4.dpuf

Here is the statement that Jack in the Box put out:

Creating a warm and inviting environment for all of our guests and employees is a top priority for Jack in the Box. The presence of guns inside a restaurant could create an uncomfortable situation for our guests and employees and lead to unintended consequences. While we respect the rights of all our guests, we would prefer that guests not bring their guns inside our restaurants.

Remember how Jack in the box created a warm and inviting environment for all of their guests and employees in 1993.

This week Chipotle follows Jack in the Box In a statement released today to media, a spokesman for Chipotle said, "…we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel." The Chipotle statement went on to say that, "…because the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers, we think it is time to make this request."

"Moms are grateful to Chipotle for taking quick action today to stand up for the safety and security of our families," said Shannon Watts, Founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. "Businesses have a duty to protect their employees and patrons – especially in states where no background checks or training are required to buy semi-automatic rifles and carry them openly in public.

Jack in the box contact
http://www.jackinthebox.com/contact, Call us If you would prefer to speak to someone in person, please contact Guest Relations at (858) 522-4716
Monday-Wednesday 5am-9pm, Thursday & Friday 5am-Midnight, Saturday 7am-Midnight, and Sunday 7am-5pm (PST).
Or you can write us at:Jack in the Box Inc. Attn: Guest Relation 9330 Balboa Ave. San Diego, CA 92123-1516

Contacts for Chipotle http://www.contactcustomerservicenow.com/contact-chipotle-customer-service/

turborich

E-mailed...

Hello,
I just read that Jack in the box has put an anti firearms policy in place towards law abiding citizens who carry firearms. I'm just a law abiding citizen who happens to carry a sidearm. Our family enjoys eating at Jack in the box from time to time and to be quite honest some of your restaurants are located in less than desirable areas where criminals frequent and I refuse to be a victim. It's my responsibility to protect my wife and children as well as my right to carry my sidearm. I can't see how Jack in the box would have an issue with this? I'm surely not going to leave my sidearm in my vehicle where a criminal may get a hold of it and shoot up everything in site. Now this would be very irresponsible on my part if I were to leave my firearm in my vehicle. I don't leave home without my firearm, just like my car keys or my wallet, it's with me. I've ate at your restaurants here in NV before while carrying my sidearm, I don't flaunt it nor do I look for attention. I simply go about my business and nobody really seems to notice. I'm very interested in hearing an actual response and not just a forum letter. If Jack in the box won't support my right then our family will no longer be able to patronize your restaurants. McDonald's, Wendy's, In & Out and Burger King are ALL open carry/concealed carry friendly. If you don't want my money then I'm sure your competitors will.

Sincerely, me!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Cannot take Jack in the Box off my list but one time, never put them back on it - food poisoning once is once too often.

WalkingWolf

Well some people do not mind tainted kool aid why would they mind food poisoning. Seems JIB is catering to these people, or MDA.

dbacks_Nation

E-mailed...

Hello,
I just read that Jack in the box has put an anti firearms policy in place towards law abiding citizens who carry firearms. I'm just a law abiding citizen who happens to carry a sidearm. Our family enjoys eating at Jack in the box from time to time and to be quite honest some of your restaurants are located in less than desirable areas where criminals frequent and I refuse to be a victim. It's my responsibility to protect my wife and children as well as my right to carry my sidearm. I can't see how Jack in the box would have an issue with this? I'm surely not going to leave my sidearm in my vehicle where a criminal may get a hold of it and shoot up everything in site. Now this would be very irresponsible on my part if I were to leave my firearm in my vehicle. I don't leave home without my firearm, just like my car keys or my wallet, it's with me. I've ate at your restaurants here in NV before while carrying my sidearm, I don't flaunt it nor do I look for attention. I simply go about my business and nobody really seems to notice. I'm very interested in hearing an actual response and not just a forum letter. If Jack in the box won't support my right then our family will no longer be able to patronize your restaurants. McDonald's, Wendy's, In & Out and Burger King are ALL open carry/concealed carry friendly. If you don't want my money then I'm sure your competitors will.

Sincerely, me!
I won't hold your breath about Burger King, one threw me out today. Not sure if it was an isolated incident, but I'm going to dig into it.

FreeInAZ

I won't hold your breath about Burger King, one threw me out today. Not sure if it was an isolated incident, but I'm going to dig into it.

BK is owned by a corp based in the UK. They won't move any mountains to honor our 2A rights. This said, on the few occasions I've been at one there have been no posted signs or issues. They are pretty far down the list as far as fast food "winners" go, they should be glad for the limited business they get, just as "Junk in the box" should be also. ;)

Last edited:

Craftymommy

It would almost be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

In a sick way it is funny because they brought it on themselves by advertising they are gun free zones now. I will not patronize them again(not that we go often anyway but my husband loves the tacos). I wasn't aware of the e.coli issue years ago since I was only a toddler then, but even more reason to not go there. I guess that is why my grandma would say they serve kangaroo meat and such when I was young haha! She wouldn't eat there at all.

dbacks_Nation

Wrote a message to Jack in the Box this afternoon, I wish I copied it to paste it in here.

In a sick way it is funny because they brought it on themselves by advertising they are gun free zones now. I will not patronize them again(not that we go often anyway but my husband loves the tacos). I wasn't aware of the e.coli issue years ago since I was only a toddler then, but even more reason to not go there. I guess that is why my grandma would say they serve kangaroo meat and such when I was young haha! She wouldn't eat there at all.
I was pretty young when it happened too, I was born in '87 and my dad ate there a ton, didn't stop him! I don't know how anyone can eat those tacos..... Kangaroo meat would actually be an improvement, it is actually the best meat you will ever have, I guarantee it. If you can find a kangaroo steak anywhere, it has the best taste and texture of any meat on this planet.