Thread: House & Senate Dems want $60M for CDC guns study, Obama lifted ban last year.

House & Senate Dems want $60M for CDC guns study, Obama lifted ban last year.

Democrats in the House and Senate are pushing to spend $60 million for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to research gun violence, rekindling a debate over whether political agendas taint these taxpayer-funded studies. The legislation, introduced by Sen. Edward J. Markey, Massachusetts Democrat, and Rep. Carolyn Maloney, New York Democrat, would provide $10 million a year for six years, beginning in 2015, for the research.

“It is time we study the issue of gun violence like the public health crisis it is,” Mr. Markey said. “If we want to prevent injury and deaths from guns, we need to know what can be done to prevent it. No one should be afraid of more nonpartisan, scientific research of this issue — not Democrats, not Republicans and not the [National Rifle Association].”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ion-gun-study/

The push to the public health/behavioral health arena proceeds.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Almost all Democrats die. I think we should study if their politics is killing them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Not soon enough though. Harry Reid looks like he's a few years late for his funeral already.

Banned
    $60MM - that will last a half and hour .... no results of course, "give us more $$" will be the plea