Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I call into the Lars Larson show over "nitwits" remark.

I call into the Lars Larson show over "nitwits" remark.

So yesterday I was listening to lars larson on KXL in Portland, and he was discussing chipotles recent announcement and referred to open carriers as nitwits, now lars is normally pro-gun, so I decided to call in and discuss it with him today.

Once today's episode comes out on podcast, which should be today or tommorow I will post the audio
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

The local 570 hosts like to pretend they are "moderate." Carlson always goes on about how he doesn't mind expanded background checks, though I'm not sure if he specifically supports 594 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    The local 570 hosts like to pretend they are "moderate." Carlson always goes on about how he doesn't mind expanded background checks, though I'm not sure if he specifically supports 594 or not.
    Most of Washington is moderate, Although I don't consider Lars Larson to be a moderate. I consider myself to be such.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Most of Washington is moderate, Although I don't consider Lars Larson to be a moderate. I consider myself to be such.....
    No you are an evil government loving freedom hating hippy liberal!!

Kidding^

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I laugh at the thought that people think "moderate" is in between the R's and the D's.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I laugh at the thought that people think "moderate" is in between the R's and the D's.
    I am a moderate is a cop out used by weak people to justify their inability to form an original opinion.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I am a moderate is a cop out used by weak people to justify their inability to form an original opinion.
    Or by people who reject the traditional partisan oligarchy....

NRA Member

Wait... to NOT pick a preformed side/ set of ideals means its a lack of ability to form an original opinion? Lol

Did I read that right?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

+1

R's and D's are the "oligarchy" they are just different sides of the same counterfeit coin.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

What about an independent?
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    They tend to think for themselves.

Although I have seen some claim to be independent but only because they liked a few of the prescribed dogmas that might vary from one side to the other.

They tend to think for themselves.

Although I have seen some claim to be independent but only because they liked a few of the prescribed dogmas that might vary from one side to the other.
    By prescribed dogma, you mean ideas like living in an actual society and not tearing everything down for anarchism right?

NRA Member

OK here's the audio

https://soundcloud.com/the-lars-larson-podcast

Go to "May 22 2014 Northwest podcast" and FF to 28:00 to hear me discuss OC with Lars

NRA Member

By prescribed dogma, you mean ideas like living in an actual society and not tearing everything down for anarchism right?

LOL.....you don't know what society means or what anarchy means.

But no wasn't even addressing that.

I posted a link, may 22 2014 at 28 minutes exact, northwest show, not the May 22 national show.

Podcast will be on iTunes shortly as well. I think lars thinks too "rationally" sometimes, a lot of people think OC is a bunch of people "forcing their rights" as lars said, and don't see it as a positive exercise.

NRA Member

Sounds like Lars is just another guy who'd rather CC as a personal preference and only cares about himself. He actually says that OC as a political statement is wrong.

I guess he fails to realize that CC is a trap to get people used to never seeing guns, and that OC bans always precede CC bans. OC is a buffer that helps keep CC, and gun ownership in general, legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Sounds like Lars is just another guy who'd rather CC as a personal preference and only cares about himself. He actually says that OC as a political statement is wrong.

I guess he fails to realize that CC is a trap to get people used to never seeing guns, and that OC bans always precede CC bans. OC is a buffer that helps keep CC, and gun ownership in general, legal.
    I thought it was interesting how he attempted to deflect by bringing up breastfeeding...... I don't understand how it is that breastfeeding can be considered offensive, so the example meant little to me, I'm glad he steered it back onto topic because I wasn't ready to start debating breastfeeding on Portland radio.

NRA Member

I thought it was interesting how he attempted to deflect by bringing up breastfeeding...... I don't understand how it is that breastfeeding can be considered offensive, so the example meant little to me, I'm glad he steered it back onto topic because I wasn't ready to start debating breastfeeding on Portland radio.
    Some prudes just can't stand people engaging in activities they feel uncomfortable with, be it breastfeeding, public displays of affection or an openly carried gun. He was using a red herring to deflect as you detected.

Some prudes just can't stand people engaging in activities they feel uncomfortable with, be it breastfeeding, public displays of affection or an openly carried gun. He was using a red herring to deflect as you detected.
    Believe it or not, I would like you opinion on if I made good arguments and sounded confident. It takes me awhile to work up the willingness to argue with a talk show host on air. So some feedback would be appreciated if it's not much trouble for you.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 05-23-2014 at 10:04 PM.

NRA Member

Believe it or not, I would like you opinion on if I made good arguments and sounded confident. It takes me awhile to work up the willingness to argue with a talk show host on air. So some feedback would be appreciated if it's not much trouble for you.
    I just had a listen and I think you did alright. It's hard to make a really good point and drive it home on a show like that, where the host has full lines and is trying to push calls through and switches topics quickly.
    8/10 from the Iowa judges.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

Like your speaking at the Capitol, you did pretty good. I agree with hhofent's assesment. This guy is a professional blowhard he does it for a living, it's hard to make great points when they don't want you too. Notice his other distraction that shows his anti liberty viewpoints by comparing it to gay folks.

Quote Originally Posted by hhofent View Post
    I just had a listen and I think you did alright. It's hard to make a really good point and drive it home on a show like that, where the host has full lines and is trying to push calls through and switches topics quickly.
    8/10 from the Iowa judges.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Depends.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

If you view them on the traditional Conservative/Liberal axis, then moderate IS between them.

But the thing is, there's more than one axis in play. On the Authoritarian/Libertarian axis, most Republicans and Democrats are so far towards Authoritarian at the national level that they're not political rivals at all, but fellow travelers who agree on the goal if not every little detail.

Viewed that way, moderate is quite a bit further away from them than it would be on the Conservative/Liberal axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    If you view them on the traditional Conservative/Liberal axis, then moderate IS between them.

But the thing is, there's more than one axis in play. On the Authoritarian/Libertarian axis, most Republicans and Democrats are so far towards Authoritarian at the national level that they're not political rivals at all, but fellow travelers who agree on the goal if not every little detail.

Viewed that way, moderate is quite a bit further away from them than it would be on the Conservative/Liberal axis.
    I think even on a lineal line, the only people who would consider themselves "moderates" between the R's and D's are people with a very very narrow focus. If we want to use a lineal line then liberty and freedom would be way to one side and the R's and D's way way to the the other side. A moderate would be more of a minarchist than the big government R's and D's.f

Historically the R's have their start as the party of big government, so when I look at it just because the D's decided to catch up to them and then pass them up in the last century it doesn't make moderate in the middle of them.

Interesting points about the different axis in play though, I spent some time trying to figure out a different way of describing it like a wheel with spokes but none of it really fit. I finally concluded that liberty can't be defined in a graph of any sort since we are all individuals and liberty is just leaving people alone to go about their own path.

The Federal government is a criminal organization. Figuring the difference between the players is like looking for the good guys between the Genovese or Gambino families.

They will both make you an offer you can't refuse. Take all your money, leave you sleeping with a bloody horse head and send your children to die in their foreign (gang) wars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast