• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon, Idaho better than WA on gun rights, says Guns & Ammo

Jeff Hayes

No foolin, huh? I'd been unaware of that. Weak.

I would add that you can only purchase a pistol from a resident of the same state you reside in, if you live in Wa you can not privately purchase a pistol from a resident of Oregon without going through a FFL in Washington.

madicarus

WA got 6 on right to carry, or am I mistaken?

You are right, for Right to Carry WA got 6 and TX got 7. So by their take, TX has better Right to Carry than WA. I wonder how many in TX agree with that?

Freedom1Man

WA has total preemption. OR has preemption only if you have a CPL/CWP. Don't know ID..
WA gun buster signs only have legal effect where the law prohibits in the first place.
WA the signs my be placed properly to have a legal effect (see bars).
WA there is no duty to notify police you are armed at traffic stop. OR has a duty to notify.
WA there is no requirement to carry ID while OC or any more ID than a CPL when CC and only when a CPL is required to CC.
WA you can be served alcohol while carrying.
WA there are exemptions for non LEOs to CC without a CPL.

TX you can only OC black powered pistols and long guns.
Why is TX even on the list?

509rifas

oregon?! LOL! In Oregon they can stop you for OC to see if you have a CHL, and it's a criminal offense to not show a CHL when OC, and if you have no CHL its illegal ( a felony I *think*) to even have a round in a magazine (not the gun) in the city of portland.

EMNofSeattle

oregon?! LOL! In Oregon they can stop you for OC to see if you have a CHL, and it's a criminal offense to not show a CHL when OC, and if you have no CHL its illegal ( a felony I *think*) to even have a round in a magazine (not the gun) in the city of portland.

I don't think they can in oregon, it's illegal to carry a loaded gun OC with no CHL in a handful of towns that made it illegal.

Violating a municipal code is a never a felony........maybe except in NYC or DC or a few special cases, violating city codes I guarantee you is not a felony in Oregon.

Freedom1Man

I don't think they can in oregon, it's illegal to carry a loaded gun OC with no CHL in a handful of towns that made it illegal.

Violating a municipal code is a never a felony........maybe except in NYC or DC or a few special cases, violating city codes I guarantee you is not a felony in Oregon.

No, but using racial slurs is/was. There was an article about that a few years back.