• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introductions? Maybe?

DooFster

Haha. Hey everyone!

The name's Tim. I've been an active OC'er in Las Vegas and will be moving the family down to the East Phoenix area for work. We should be down there the weekend of June 23rd.

Anything we need to know in regards to weapons laws (ie anything obnoxious)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azcdlfred

Anything we need to know in regards to weapons laws (ie anything obnoxious)?
The biggest change you'll notice is carrying where booze is served.

In Nevada, if I recall correctly, it's a trespass issue and sign must be posted.

In Arizona, it's a criminal violation under the liquor laws and if no sign is posted, you must possess a CCW permit and must carry discreetly (not open carry).

I don't remember how "public" (government) buildings are treated in Nevada. In Arizona, a cheap cardboard "no weapons" sign means you must disarm but criminals can ignore them.

Other than that CCW permits are optional in Arizona. Until you become a resident, your NV permit is honored.

Fred

DooFster

In NV you can carry in a bar/-alcohol establishment as long as you aren't BAC .10+

Public building are OK and signs have no bearing of law. The only thing that applies is of management or designee asks you to leave and you don't.

So if there's a sign somewhere it has bearing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The biggest change you'll notice is carrying where booze is served.

In Nevada, if I recall correctly, it's a trespass issue and sign must be posted...

Unlike AZ, signs never have weight of law on private property here. We never have to stop at a door and read everything before going about our business. If they have a problem, it is on them to directly inform us of it. Of course, if we already KNOW they have a policy, we wouldn't want to give them our money anyway.

It's hard to get used to AZ, sometimes.

FreeInAZ

Here's a link to a sticky on the AZ forum where you can read the laws for yourself at your own pace.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117249

If you really want to understand AZ gun law, get a copy of Alan Korwin's book "The Arizona gun owners guide". If you want to help change them join AzCDL. They have done more for our rights here in AZ than any group I can think of. :)