Thread: No guns allows signs...PT II???....

No guns allows signs...PT II???....

Okay so in a previous discussion I asked about the power of "the signs"....

Now...for more detailed questions...

1: What is the law (if any) concerning this? Please limit this to the state of Indiana so as not to confuse me...lol..

2: What is the law (if any) that says that "Signs such as this have no legal power" in Indiana?

3: What about banks?....They put up a "no weapons on premises" sign?....What's the options?

(Other than closing the account)....

any references and assistance is appreciated....
    Murphy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Go back to sleep....Your Government will take care of you...."

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Okay so in a previous discussion I asked about the power of "the signs"....

Now...for more detailed questions...

1: What is the law (if any) concerning this? Please limit this to the state of Indiana so as not to confuse me...lol..
    There's not one. There would have to be a law that makes it a crime to violate a posted sign. The lack of a law makes it legal. private companies can make rules for their properties, but the gov't has to pass laws.

2: What is the law (if any) that says that "Signs such as this have no legal power" in Indiana?
    none. see above.
    3: What about banks?....They put up a "no weapons on premises" sign?....What's the options?

(Other than closing the account)....

any references and assistance is appreciated....
    Bank online. I haven't set foot in my bank in over 5 years. If I need something, I call. I can deposit any check up to $10k using my cellphone or computer. I have to mail in anything bigger than that. I can open and close accounts over the phone or they mail me paperwork. Even car loans, they overnight me a check.

Red face

From what I hear and read, signs have no legal power. The Castleton AMC has a very small sticker on one of the many front doors with a gun with a cross through it, and I conceal carry out of respect to their other customers. They can tell you to leave... with a refund most likely... but you won't get arrested or anything like that unless you refuse to leave the property.