• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good experience in Walmart

JHART

I was finished shopping and was going to check out and sitting on the floor stocking a shelf by the register was an employee that noticed my sidearm. She said " Nice pistol." I said thanks, I bet you hardly see someone open carrying in here. She said I was the first. The cashier standing at her register heard this as I was approaching her. She told me since open carry has been legal, that she had only seen one other person doing it. She then proceeded to tell me that she believed it is our right to defend ourselves, and that she had no problem with me standing there with a gun in plain view. I commended her and thanked her for her support. She did voice concern that other customers might "cause trouble" for me though. I assured her that from my experience that no one even hardly notices it anyway. All three of us talked about guns, crime in Tulsa, and the shooting range, all in all it was a nice positive experience.

Jayne&Vera

Wal-Mart

Which store?
On another thread under "Oklahoma" someone had trouble with a single person in Oklahoma City but we've had nothing but good experiences up here in Tulsa

JHART

It was at the 81st and Lewis Walmart. I go there and the neighborhood market at 45th and Peoria. Neither location has ever given me any trouble. The one time I did have some trouble was outside while walking on the river park trail. A female stopped me, pointed at my gun and said REALLY? She then asked me why do I need that? Are you that scared that you have to have a gun? I laughed in her face and said what do I have to be scared about.... I'm the one with the gun! She proceeded to give me her opinions about guns and I could tell she was a total brainwashed unreachable anti, so I just told her have a nice day and walked on. Otherwise, Iv'e been in and out of many retail and eating establishments around Tulsa with not one issue. Hey, even get free coffee at QT sometimes because they think I'm a cop!

Jayne&Vera

... Hey, even get free coffee at QT sometimes because they think I'm a cop!

LOL, know what you mean. You should see the service I got at Best Buy a month or two ago. The guys were tripping all over themselves to find a suitable model for the one I came in for because the one listed as available an that specific store's webpage couldn't be found. Ended up gaving me a discount to match it when they couldn't find it.
Wasn't going to start an argument with them and dressing in a professional manner definitely helps public goodwill towards those not "in uniform."

Robert318

just curious, why start another thread to post your open carry experience and encounters when there is a thread at the top thats titled post your open carry experience and encounters? Why not just post there, that just might make since. :banana: :sarcasm:

Last edited: