• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hoping someone with experience with different types of holsters can weigh in

stealthyeliminator

So, I've been searching for some time for an OWB holster for a CZ P07 Duty. I can find many threads of people doing the same, and a list of compatible holsters that CZ put together, etc. but I'm having hard time finding a holster with the retention I'd like.

Anyway, I finally stumbled across the following two holsters, but I know nothing about them or what the advantages/disadvantages they offer compared to each other. I'm hoping someone with a fairly broad experience can weigh in and share a few different things to consider... Like, what sort of things should I be considering when trying to decide? With one being about twice the cost of the other I want to be as sure as possible.

There's this one: http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/...c-gun-holster-with-security-lock-it-652p.html
And then this one: http://www.falcoholsters.com/eshop/...ssional-level-ii-duty-holster-it-655-mlc.html

I don't like how either of them look, but I'm desperate to find something, so I may have to settle for something functional despite how it looks.

Last edited:

blahpony

I have a Master's Holster for my CZ P-07. Model 8640. It's made for a SA XD-4 but the CZ fits perfectly. Here's a link: http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-33/LEATHER-GUN-HOLSTER-PANCAKE/Detail

Here's a pic of my CZ in the holster:

68iMLlQ.jpg

stealthyeliminator

Wow, thank you. I'm glad I asked, I'm liking the looks of that holster much better than the two I posted links to!

I guess you haven't had an issues with yours?

Thanks again for the link!

decklin

A lot of the time you can get away with using a leather holster for a different gun. Leather is forgiving.
Also with what they're asking for those falcons you might want to consider having one custom made.

blahpony

I haven't had any issues.

I bought the holster at the same gun show I bought the P-07. I went to a dealer that only did holsters and he looked up the cross-reference for model. I was able to open one up and put the new pistol in to test it out.

stealthyeliminator

I haven't had any issues.

I bought the holster at the same gun show I bought the P-07. I went to a dealer that only did holsters and he looked up the cross-reference for model. I was able to open one up and put the new pistol in to test it out.

I went ahead and bought one of these based on your recommendation...

WOW. Whoever said IWB was no less comfortable than OWB was a straight up liar. My initial reaction was that my gun feels half as big, half as heavy, half as noticeable as when carrying with my Crossbreed Supertuck. It is incredible.

Thanks for cluing me in to this holster.

nobama

A lot of the time you can get away with using a leather holster for a different gun. Leather is forgiving.
Also with what they're asking for those falcons you might want to consider having one custom made.

^^^ This. I shoot LH and I actually bought a gun around the holster I wanted which was a Serpa Blackhawk. The Glock 19 was the gun because it was hard to find a LH Serpa for anything else.

SD40VE

^^^ This. I shoot LH and I actually bought a gun around the holster I wanted which was a Serpa Blackhawk. The Glock 19 was the gun because it was hard to find a LH Serpa for anything else.

my SD40 fits a serpa for a M&P even though it wasnt made for it, it fits just fine

Firearms Iinstuctor

That's a fine looking holster the OP has should work very well.

I have dozens of holsters some are never used any more some once in awhile for a specific pistol some are used for several different ones.

I have not found a perfect holster that works for every thing.