Thread: OT: Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege [RENTON refuses to pay damages]

OT: Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege [RENTON refuses to pay damages]

Renton homeowner wants to know why damage from SWAT raid hasn’t been paid for
    http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crim...-raid-h/nPcW7/

Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege, innocent woman left with $100,000 in damages
    http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/m...la-torre-raid/

“They wiped my whole life from underneath me and now I’m trying to pick it up and move on.”

"Further information would reveal that the raid was even more botched than it appeared. Aside from destroying an empty home, police soon discovered that the suspect they were searching for did not even live at the address. And if that weren’t problematic enough, police were also acting on bad intelligence; the person who made the accusations later recanted the entire story. The man they were looking for was innocent, and never arrested."
    Last edited by 44Brent; 05-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Interesting those felons are not being made to compensate the victim.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    If she should sell the home, buy a tank, and level every public facility in town ...

eye for an eye ...

Would you find her guilty of anything?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If she should sell the home, buy a tank, and level every public facility in town ...

eye for an eye ...

Would you find her guilty of anything?
    Actually as long as she hurt no innocent bystanders. No.

Not eye for eye, but because she would be retaliating against a violent coercive system.

Like that guy that crushed the cop cars with the tractor.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

This happened two years ago. How come we're just now hearing about this?
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

OT: Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege [RENTON refuses to pay damages]

WAR ON DRUGS
    to the tune of “Silver Bells“

Politicians’
    Inquisitions,
    SWAT teams break down your door.
    No one’s safe from an unnamed informant.

False arresting,
    Urine testing
    Target helpless and poor.
    Those who profit, though, keep up the chant:

War on Drugs!
    War on Drugs!
    “If we save one kid, it’s worth it.”
    Rule of law.
    Tooth and claw.
    Who cares how many we harm?

Cops teach courses,
    D.A.R.E. endorses:
    “Turn your own parents in,”
    Not unlike the old Soviet Union.

No police state!
    Join the Free State!
    This is where freedom’s been!
    Stop the Drug War before it stops you!

War on Drugs!
    War on Drugs!
    Really a war against people.
    Broker this
    Armistice–
    Help bring about peace on Earth.
    You and me
    Can be free.
    Forge liberty in our time.
    Last edited by TheQ; 05-26-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Actually as long as she hurt no innocent bystanders. No.

Not eye for eye, but because she would be retaliating against a violent coercive system.

Like that guy that crushed the cop cars with the tractor.
    No advocating anything here, just saying that if city building were to be torched I would not feel bad for the city so long as no one was inside when they were lit.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Thank your friendly 'social conservative' for this event. Gotta get tough on crime and stop those evil drugs for the children.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Well I would not feel bad if the attorney, representing the city,'s house burned to the ground either.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    No advocating anything here, just saying that if city building were to be torched I would not feel bad for the city so long as no one was inside when they were lit.
    You'd know they would just raise taxes, and build new structures that cost 10x more than the old ones.

Careful, they'll put up 'No Fire' signs, and then there'd be no chance of that happening.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/rent...r-swat-/nf5Sy/

Two year old event with a follow-up dated Thursday, May 22, 2014.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

On Alaska State Troopers they show Troopers serving warrants on people who are known to have guns all the time without any problems. The Renton community should stand up for one of their own demand change from their local leaders for the uncalled use of SWAT forces. The city is liable for damages and by extension the local population because they voted for the leaders who hired police and set policies for the use of SWAT. We The People are the government.

Banned
    Wonder if statue of limitations is past?

KIRO 7 was on the scene in Renton on April 25, 2012, the night SWAT officers surrounded De La Torre’s home in a gated community

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Wonder if statue of limitations is past?

KIRO 7 was on the scene in Renton on April 25, 2012, the night SWAT officers surrounded De La Torre’s home in a gated community
    Felony level damages.

She has filed the paperwork for getting her money back, I would think that the limitations are not over.