• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege [RENTON refuses to pay damages]

44Brent

Renton homeowner wants to know why damage from SWAT raid hasn’t been paid for
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/renton-homeowner-wants-know-why-damage-swat-raid-h/nPcW7/

Empty home destroyed in 4-hour SWAT siege, innocent woman left with $100,000 in damages
http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/melinda-de-la-torre-raid/

“They wiped my whole life from underneath me and now I’m trying to pick it up and move on.”

"Further information would reveal that the raid was even more botched than it appeared. Aside from destroying an empty home, police soon discovered that the suspect they were searching for did not even live at the address. And if that weren’t problematic enough, police were also acting on bad intelligence; the person who made the accusations later recanted the entire story. The man they were looking for was innocent, and never arrested."

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
If she should sell the home, buy a tank, and level every public facility in town ...

eye for an eye ...

Would you find her guilty of anything?

sudden valley gunner

If she should sell the home, buy a tank, and level every public facility in town ...

eye for an eye ...

Would you find her guilty of anything?

Actually as long as she hurt no innocent bystanders. No.

Not eye for eye, but because she would be retaliating against a violent coercive system.

Like that guy that crushed the cop cars with the tractor.

TheQ

WAR ON DRUGS
to the tune of “Silver Bells“

Politicians’
Inquisitions,
SWAT teams break down your door.
No one’s safe from an unnamed informant.

False arresting,
Urine testing
Target helpless and poor.
Those who profit, though, keep up the chant:

War on Drugs!
War on Drugs!
“If we save one kid, it’s worth it.”
Rule of law.
Tooth and claw.
Who cares how many we harm?

Cops teach courses,
D.A.R.E. endorses:
“Turn your own parents in,”
Not unlike the old Soviet Union.

No police state!
Join the Free State!
This is where freedom’s been!
Stop the Drug War before it stops you!

War on Drugs!
War on Drugs!
Really a war against people.
Broker this
Armistice–
Help bring about peace on Earth.
You and me
Can be free.
Forge liberty in our time.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Actually as long as she hurt no innocent bystanders. No.

Not eye for eye, but because she would be retaliating against a violent coercive system.

Like that guy that crushed the cop cars with the tractor.

No advocating anything here, just saying that if city building were to be torched I would not feel bad for the city so long as no one was inside when they were lit.

Dave_pro2a

No advocating anything here, just saying that if city building were to be torched I would not feel bad for the city so long as no one was inside when they were lit.

You'd know they would just raise taxes, and build new structures that cost 10x more than the old ones.

hhofent

Careful, they'll put up 'No Fire' signs, and then there'd be no chance of that happening.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

CA2373

On Alaska State Troopers they show Troopers serving warrants on people who are known to have guns all the time without any problems. The Renton community should stand up for one of their own demand change from their local leaders for the uncalled use of SWAT forces. The city is liable for damages and by extension the local population because they voted for the leaders who hired police and set policies for the use of SWAT. We The People are the government.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Wonder if statue of limitations is past?

KIRO 7 was on the scene in Renton on April 25, 2012, the night SWAT officers surrounded De La Torre’s home in a gated community