• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Setting an Example for Our Youth

Lonster

Face it, kids do what they can to piss us off. And buck our advise all the way along. So it's always refreshing to see them doing things right.

My Buddies kid and his friends have fallen in ranks with us old guys. First riding bikes because old guys on bikes are cool. Then the other day he asked his kid. What do you want to do for your 21st birthday. He says get my CPL.

Most of the time my Stepson pisses me off. And has stabbed me in the back for his Mom. But he has always been a good father and taken carrying a weapon as a serious responsibility.

gsx1138

Kids these days are no different than the kids 2,000 years ago. It's the parenting that's changed, or lack of it. I took my daughter shooting when she was 8yrs old. She was afraid of the noise so we didn't go back. Last week she practically begged me to take her shooting again. She listened to my instructions. She listened to the RO's advice on trigger control and before you know it she was punching out the center with my 10/22. I'm not a teacup parent (survival podcast term). I'm the, 'walk it off and try again' parent. Sometimes I worry that it's harsh but reality is harsh. I spend the same amount of time listening to them as I do giving them advice. I'm glad it's working out for you.